• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel dump exhaust step by step installation

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Well today I started installing my Speedwerxs tunnel dump exhaust.The hole that must be cut into footwell and tunnel are very hard and take alot of time.
The one through the foot well was not too bad but the triangular one in the tunnel was painfully long and hard.The instructions are very easy to follow just not much room to work.I wish I had a plasma cutter as this would make this job a lot easier.
I had to buy a 90 degree grinder and a straight grinder along with many cutting disks and sawsall blades.
I did manage to get it roughed in though.
Tommorrow I will file the holes just a little bit bigger as they are a little close to the exhaust pipe now.
It is a tricky time consuming job but should help lots in the deep powder.
I will also start installation of my Black Diamond Light weight rear bumper tommorrow and post pictures as I go.
Its an easy job with right tools.
Hope this helps and will post more pictures as the job progresses.

Cheers,
Dave

tunnel dump install 030.jpg tunnel dump install 031.jpg tunnel dump install 033.jpg tunnel dump install 042.jpg tunnel dump install 039.jpg tunnel dump install 045.jpg

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Sure wish I could get photbucket to cooperate.Keeps putting up invalid bull chit.Sure would be nice to have full size pictures.
Dave

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
my tunnel dump for my m1k is in the mail!

any pics from inside the tunnel? i wanna see where it comes out. also, did it come with anything for the factory exhaust exit hole?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I tried all kinds of different saws and grinding disks and some rotory tools that was like a pointed rasp,still a tough job.I will take more pictures today well I am at my shop of exactly where it exits and how it mounts to tunnel.
Honestly though with me being handicapped if I had to do it again I think I would pay some one to do it.
The fit is excellent and solid doesn't move at all like the MBRP can I had previously,I really like it,started it up before I left the shop and it sounded great,can hardly wait for Turkey day to here it in that vdeep Revy snow.

Chow for now,
Dave

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
my tunnel dump for my m1k is in the mail!

any pics from inside the tunnel? i wanna see where it comes out. also, did it come with anything for the factory exhaust exit hole?

Doesn't come with anything to plug hole but has a part # for a frog skin to allow venting or they have an optional belly pan without exhaust cutout.
I'll post part #'s later as I left all paper work at shop.
I'll take pics from underneath later also.
Hope this helps.

Dave

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Thanks for posting up the pictrures Dave! I am very interested in this mod as well so I appreciate the photos showing off your hard work. Not to be a pain but it would be cool to see pictures from inside the tunnel to see where "exactly" it exits into the tunnel. Just curious if the exhaust is blowing into space under the track into the skid? Is it blowing directly on the track? Blowing above the track?

I guess just like anyone else I am just curious to know that the exhaust would not be melting, distorting, hurting anything inside the tunnel ie. track, drivers, etc. Again........thanks for the pictures..........oh.......and good job getting it installed. The tight footwell screams for a plasma and you've shown it can be done without it if a person is commited enough :beer;

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Tunnel dump

Hey Dave, thanks for the help. I've been reading my turbo install instructions and have question. I realize we are working on two different applications. I'm thinking a cut out template of the final hole size would be helpful. Might help cut down on the grind and fit process.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Hey Dave, thanks for the help. I've been reading my turbo install instructions and have question. I realize we are working on two different applications. I'm thinking a cut out template of the final hole size would be helpful. Might help cut down on the grind and fit process.

It comes with a cutout template,but I guess all sleds are a little diifferent.
This morning I just have a little grinding to do and then this project is finally done.I just want to make sure there is no chance of any rubbing as I don't want to have to replace this can or crack tunnel due to vibrations and rubbing.

Dave

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
But the plasma cutter is the answer

Most definatly the way to go.Anyone with one though could only get me access during work,and I can't afford to take any time off,need to make sledding money now.
I did take your advice to heart,just nobody would cooperate,even thought about buying one.

Thanks,
Dave

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Most definatly the way to go.Anyone with one though could only get me access during work,and I can't afford to take any time off,need to make sledding money now.
I did take your advice to heart,just nobody would cooperate,even thought about buying one.

Thanks,
Dave

I'll post the rest of the pictures to completion and the start of rear bumper a little later today

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i was lookin at my sled yesterday and noticed that where the pipe goes through the tunnel there is already a sort of template in a triangle. Do you just cut that triangle out and the pipe goes through right there? It seems a little small for the exhaust to go through but based on your pic, it looks like it just exits right there.

Vernon

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Yes goes through triangle,is much larger than it looks.Fit and finish is excellent doesn't move at all,very sturdy.As you will see in pictures I used old outlet into a screened vent and also made vent for above footwell.
I am very happy with this and am sure it is going to work good.

Cheers,
Dave

tunnel dump and black diamond rear bumper 024.jpg tunnel dump and black diamond rear bumper 029.jpg tunnel dump and black diamond rear bumper 034.jpg tunnel dump and black diamond rear bumper 035.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features