• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway Bar Removal

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
What is the best way to remove the stock swaybar on my 2006 Polaris 755 rmk? Cut the thing off or remove brackets that hold the bar to the underside of the belly? I am going to all zbroz front end parts ( A arms, Exit shocks and spindles) and with the shock built to my body wt and riding style, apparently i do not need a swaybar.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
First off...GREAT pick with the ZBROZ setup...i just installed their A-Arms and Spindles on my 05 RMK 900 today...still need to save up for their shocks..but i am getting them eventually..they are SICK...

Anyways..if you want to just dump the bar..cut it and chuck it..but you might be able to sell it on here or ebay...of if you sell the sled..you can remove all ZBROZ stuff and re-use the stock setup including the sway bar..

easiest way to do it..

remove all hardware holding bar in, and remove lower a-arms....then yank the hell outt it..watch your fingers..i pinned mine and cut the hell out of it..:)

i say keep or sell it..

BTW...you should stick your info in the 900 sub-fourm...your 700 is the same as the 900s and you can get the same answers there from die hard 05-06 fans, ;)

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
Thanks Guidoxpress i am excited to receive the front suspension parts soon and hats off to those on snowest looking through the swapmeet section and purchasing my factory parts allowing me to stash some cash and purchase the Z broz parts. Great idea, i will just remove the sway bar and keep it OR sell it as i have experience success in selling other parts on this website. It looks like the two brackets that are attached to the belly of the sled take a #25 torx headed tool. Do you believe i am correct?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
for sure..no problem..i also had good luck selling my OEM parts so i couyld buy my A-Arms..along with my wife as she got the Holz Red A-Arms..pretty sick..but i have to say..the ZBROZ...are exactly what i was looking for ;)

i am not sure about the torx bit size..but yeh thats all it takes to remove it..the bolts, bracket, and the plastic cup in the a-arm..just takes some a$$ to pull on it to get it out...try putting it in...THAT SUCKS!!!

i never throw anything i remove away..i have been helped out alot on here..and someone always needs something..so i give it to them, or sell it cheap!! It always comes back to you later one ;)

Premium Features