• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WRP Wide Boards are installed. I'm more than Impressed

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Just wanted to share my new found joy of a product well done. I installed WRP's wide board kit on two sleds tonight in less than 3 hours. The narrow tapered boards on Polaris sleds has always been a big gripe of mine. With a narrow exit point, snow does nothing but gather and clog. Let alone having enough foot space for my size 12 boot. WRP's boards are full width from front to back and Powder Coated to resist build up.

First pic shows the stock running plate with the new wide frame rail installed so you can see the difference in width. The rest of the pics are after install pics. I also put one of their custom 2" rise seats on my 09 D8 as seen in a couple pics.

Wideboardinstall001.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics003.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics006.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics008.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics011.jpg

P
Dec 4, 2007
Redmond, Wa
WOW those about put my better boards to shame. I like the back and up the side. I think it would be a bit nicer if they went the full length to the from though. Look's great!:beer;

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Just wanted to share my new found joy of a product well done. I installed WRP's wide board kit on two sleds tonight in less than 3 hours. The narrow tapered boards on Polaris sleds has always been a big gripe of mine. With a narrow exit point, snow does nothing but gather and clog. Let alone having enough foot space for my size 12 boot. WRP's boards are full width from front to back and Powder Coated to resist build up.

First pic shows the stock running plate with the new wide frame rail installed so you can see the difference in width. The rest of the pics are after install pics. I also put one of their custom 2" rise seats on my 09 D8 as seen in a couple pics.

Wideboardinstall001.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics003.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics006.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics008.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics011.jpg

Those looks great! I've installed the RMK and the RMK wide boards now and have found them to be VERY high quality and perfect fit. We've sold a ton of this product in the last 2 months and EVERYONE is extremely happy with them.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Looks like a really nice product. I would be really nervous about cutting the grip strip for the edge of the boards off and then having to reattach. I understand it isnt much different than installing BB's, SE's ect... just would make me nervous on the strength en of it...

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Looks good Ron. Only thing I saw from looking at them that had me and Roc worried when looking at them is the farthest forward cleat. When I was looking at it for a guy with big feet that cleat is going to be right behind your heel and easy to catch while trying to pull your foot out quick which might make for a nasty accident. Just a concern I had while looking at them. Let us know if its an issue Ron. Looks good, great to see more options out there.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Looks good Ron. Only thing I saw from looking at them that had me and Roc worried when looking at them is the farthest forward cleat. When I was looking at it for a guy with big feet that cleat is going to be right behind your heel and easy to catch while trying to pull your foot out quick which might make for a nasty accident. Just a concern I had while looking at them. Let us know if its an issue Ron. Looks good, great to see more options out there.

Not at all behind your foot. If you have big feet you'll most like have two cleats under the last 1/2 of your boot. I just went out and stuck my Klim Adrenalins size 7 men on the boards all the way forward. The furthest cleat forward is 3 inches in going toward the middle of my boot. So basically the heel. Does that make sense? I believe the snow eliminators we did have went in further. I think our new wide boards are going to ROCK!!!:D:D

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Not at all behind your foot. If you have big feet you'll most like have two cleats under the last 1/2 of your boot. I just went out and stuck my Klim Adrenalins size 7 men on the boards all the way forward. The furthest cleat forward is 3 inches in going toward the middle of my boot. So basically the heel. Does that make sense? I believe the snow eliminators we did have went in further. I think our new wide boards are going to ROCK!!!:D:D

GP, Im not talking about the cut outs that go under your feet, Im talking the raised cleat cross sections which are just below the edge of the running boards. I believe the first raised cleat was 2 windows back which when I stuck my feet in them at the show ( with street shoes on) put that first raised cleat about 1 1/2" behind my heel.

Again not bashing, just something that I saw that had me a lil worried for guys that push their feet all the way up in at times , IE this guy.;)

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
GP, Im not talking about the cut outs that go under your feet, Im talking the raised cleat cross sections which are just below the edge of the running boards. I believe the first raised cleat was 2 windows back which when I stuck my feet in them at the show ( with street shoes on) put that first raised cleat about 1 1/2" behind my heel.

Again not bashing, just something that I saw that had me a lil worried for guys that push their feet all the way up in at times , IE this guy.;)

I am very paranoid about the cleats on any boards. I snapped my ankle 2 years ago from having my feet buried in the footwell and getting highsided.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Thanks everybody. I think this may be one of the best non horsepower mods I've ever added.

I think you and GP are talking about the same thing. If I read it right you're commenting on the cleats sticking up that have the 6 grab knobs on them. I can't stuff my boot far enough into the foot well to have my heel get in front of the first cleat. Sounds like GP couldn't either.

I have mine and I'm going to install tonight. :) Ron, what was your install time?
About 3 hrs. for both sleds.

I am very paranoid about the cleats on any boards. I snapped my ankle 2 years ago from having my feet buried in the footwell and getting highsided.
I know people that have done that on the stock sleds too. WRP Mountain Tuff Boards were smart enough to remove the first cleat that wedges your foot into the foot well. Making it much easier to pull out and not get wedged, especially if snow does build up under the boot. Never have liked that big black tube over the top either.

Might have to mount the Vizio in the garage tonight and do some testing while watching Boondocker 6. If I don't post within a couple days call for help.
My foot is stuck!!!!!!
Panik.gif

Premium Features