• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which intake to run?

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
I know this has been discussed about a million times now. I just want some quick feedback as I am buying one soon. Who is using what?

BDX?
Timbersled?
Etc...?

Thanks

Last edited:

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
bdx
or snopro
the bdx has better air intake from the bumper

also easy install on the bdx i have install at least 20 of them

B

brian_moreau7

Nov 9, 2008
BDX......................Good price, Good Quality, Works great And pretty decent weight savings if you remove the stock intake from the underside of the hood. Had mine for two years now and holding up very well.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Timbersled gets my vote probably just cause i have one and really like it, but honestly i think either the timbersled or bdx will work good for ya.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
anything is better than stock. Cutlers also makes a nice set up. Either way what ever you pick make sure you get enough flow into the intake and hot air out otherwise what ever you choose, its not going to work at full capacity

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Are you guys running a fuel box as well? I have an SLP full system and plan on not running a box. I believe they are already rich enough. i always ride above 3000 feet anyway. I think I am going to go with the BDX as it is actually a cold air intake and not an underhood (warm air) intake. I have talked to a few people and the reason you need to run a controller with some others is because the warm air under the hood confuses the sensor to the ECU. I plan on using some weather stripping to seal off the under hood air at install.

Thanks

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
saw this on a pipe add on ebay... ski

From Slp's site, Transform your 800 into a mountain crushing machine with this new single pipe kit from SLP. It delivers an additional 14 horsepower and 6 ft/lbs of torque. This kit also drops 8 pounds of weight and boasts a very broad power band with 159 peak horsepower, creating a pipe set that is sure to satisfy. The Single Pipe Kit includes a ceramic coated Y-pipe, Pipe and Silencer. To complete your transforM8ion check out our High Flow™ Intake Kit, Hot Air Elimination Kits, V-Force 3 Reeds and watch for more great products to come.

*This pipe is compatible with the stock ECU on 2007-09 models at ALL elevations. It is also compatible with the stock ECU when used in combination with SLP High Flow™ Intake Kit (part #14-299) and V-Force 3 Reed Valves (part #22-103).

Other modifications including but not limited to: head modifications, increased timing, cylinder porting or intake modifications other than the SLP High Flow™ Intake Kit in addition to the pipe may require the use of an EFI control box

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
i would check the plugs after the intake is install just to make sure you dont burn it down that way you know if you need a fuel box

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
some people get away with out a box and just run a regulator to pump up the pressure but as was said just chech your plugs...but with the price of a regulator you are half way to the price of a box so...personal choice but I know what route I would go...

Last edited:
D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
I am going to install it and check the plugs. If i need a controller I will just bbuy one at that point. They are pretty cheap. I have already spent a bunch this year so I am going to see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the input.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
timbersled for me works awsome added front nose cone vents should even run better now with more cool fresh air going into intake..also added some dash vents to help with air flow and getting rid of all that heat..:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:beer;:beer;

Premium Features