• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TEAM Tied Clutch Conversion Spreadsheet

W
Jul 14, 2009
Hi all,

Attached is a speadsheet to calculate side pressure at various points throughout the shift when running wide open with the TEAM TSS-04, TSS-98 and the new TEAM Tied clutch.

With this you can input an known good setup and see what you need in the new clutch for spring and helix.

Remember that all custom helixes are the same price as of the shelf helixes this year ($109).

For more info, call Jason at 218-846-6305

Attachments

• TiedConversionxl.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,561
W
Jul 14, 2009
There is nothing in our testing, or Goodwin's, SLP's, SPI's, Tri City, or the snocross racers that have used this clutch that showed any less backshift than the TSS-04.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Me and some pals looked at the pictures of the Tied clutch in SnowTech and started wondering:
Does TSS-04 helixes fit in the new Tied clutch?
From the picture in the mag it looked like they might...

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
Is this latest version any better at straight line accel or top speed than prior team clutches, or is a Cat torsional still superior?

Q

Q-BALL

Nov 26, 2007
northpole,ak.
mountain horse- i'm on firefox & windows xp,when i clicked on the link firefox asked what i wanted to open it with,i selected bfgprocess application from the helper list and it opened it up for me,don't know if this helps you.

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
What are you guys opening this file with...

I have the newest version of office with Excel and no luck opening it.

any thoughts??

its an excel that has been ziped to make it smaller.

You will have to download it, then go to it, right click on it, then select extract. once it is un-ziped you will be able to open it with excel

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
its an excel that has been ziped to make it smaller.

You will have to download it, then go to it, right click on it, then select extract. once it is un-ziped you will be able to open it with excel

yes what krom said. download, unzip and open with excel. worked for me.

B
Dec 21, 2006
Me and some pals looked at the pictures of the Tied clutch in SnowTech and started wondering:
Does TSS-04 helixes fit in the new Tied clutch?
From the picture in the mag it looked like they might...

Same helix, they are using angles that you probably haven't seen before. In the 60's and 70's. But same bolt pattern, yes

W
Jul 14, 2009
The helix for the Tied clutch is different. It is significantly beefier because all of the clutch torque goes through the helix. Like Bigred said, you will be in the 50's and 60's rather than 30's and 40's for angles.

Mark

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Team, is there going to be a need for a different alignment tool on the Tied Clutch other then the ones that are out for the Polaris TSS-98" & TSS-04" Team clutches?

Last edited:
O

ottar88

Mar 2, 2005
Norway
Hi all,

Attached is a speadsheet to calculate side pressure at various points throughout the shift when running wide open with the TEAM TSS-04, TSS-98 and the new TEAM Tied clutch.

Great spreadsheet! Takes most of the guessing out of the equation.

But still running the button, and would like to try the tied.

So is there a spreadsheet or something similar to convert old polaris button style secondary spring/helix to either the TEAM TSS-04, TSS-98 or directly to the TEAM tied clutch?

Did a search, and found someone mentioning that some TEAM catalog had a list comparing helixes for button and TEAM, but can find no other info on the subject.

Last edited:
W
Jul 14, 2009
I'll see about adding Polaris button and Ski Doo clutches to the spreadsheet soon. Leaving for Italy tomorrow, but will be back in a couple weeks.

Race,

The tied clutch uses the same alignment tools as the TSS-04.

Mark

Premium Features