• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Way to Deal w/ Broken Spider???

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
Broke my spider (in the primary, 2006 M7) the last ride of the season and not sure of the best way (most economical too) of fixing it.

I know that I could just buy a new spider and throw it in (I have all tools for assembly/disassembly) however, I am concerned about the balance of the clutch. Will it be ok? Would I need to have it balanced? If so, anyone in the Seattle area know a shop that could do this for me?

Or do I keep searching for a partially used clutch (don't seem to be many of these currently available based on a search of all 10 pages in the swapmeet section.)

Any help appreciated!!!!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I think a new bare clutch is only 225.00 or so, call free agent, she will take care of you:beer;

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Broke my spider

Broke my spider (in the primary, 2006 M7) the last ride of the season and not sure of the best way (most economical too) of fixing it.

I know that I could just buy a new spider and throw it in (I have all tools for assembly/disassembly) however, I am concerned about the balance of the clutch. Will it be ok? Would I need to have it balanced? If so, anyone in the Seattle area know a shop that could do this for me?

Or do I keep searching for a partially used clutch (don't seem to be many of these currently available based on a search of all 10 pages in the swapmeet section.)

Any help appreciated!!!!

I think you can still get a spider for m7, just install new spider.

As far as the balance, I have always just lined up the dots.

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
I'm seeing $460 & $600 for uncalibrated drive clutches in online parts fisches. Are Freeagent's prices that much better???

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I'm seeing $460 & $600 for uncalibrated drive clutches in online parts fisches. Are Freeagent's prices that much better???

also try rvsports.com they sell new take off stuff

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I second RVSports. They don't have all of their salvage parts listed on the website. Give them a call and ask for Troy. You can get new factory take-off clutches pretty cheap if they have some.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Get the billet spider from Supreme Tool, that's what I used on my 1160, plus the rollers are a better material.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Fett Brothers has a billet spider for 150.00

uses same wheels/rolles as your secondary.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
just put in a new spider and make sure all the balance dots line up, why buy a new clutch unless yous is wore out.

M
Oct 19, 2009
i have the same problem right now trying to find this billet spider... mine also cracked the movable sheav when the arm broke off tho

Premium Features