• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear tunnel mods for Nytro, which kit?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Update:

Ratsled $548.63 US - looks very nice (IMO), complicated/lengthy install? (due to built-in drop bracket), does it require their running board mod as well? (which is another $466.78 US)

REDLINE $336.71 US - kick-up, strength??, completeness?? (does it come w/ bumper & add. support?), looks pretty good (IMO), not a fan of square tube bumpers (IMO)

Skinz $300 - doesn't look as "clean" as other kits (IMO), looks strong (IMO), ties in the outer edge to the tunnel

Hartman $200 - looks good (IMO), doesn't look as strong as other options (IMO) (I'm assuming their is support is on the inside??)

Monster Max $??? - looks good (IMO), complicated/lengthy install? (due to built-in drop bracket), looks strong (IMO), availability?

-----------

I know there are plenty of them, looking to combine some info into a single thread.

Whats the easiest install?
Compatible with Better Boards and Mtn Tamer (drop brackets)?
Will the '10 MTX extension(s) bolt/rivet on easily?
Something that ties in the outer extrusion back to the tunnel properly (for strength).
Also, I would like something that will cover up a 162" a little more proper.
Function and ease of install is priority, pretty and shiney come afterwards. :p

I understand in any case I'll have to be cutting some of the board/tunnel off itself, will figure that out when the time comes..

Just looking for "kit" like options atm. I know there are plenty of 'custom' ideas for DIYers. But would like to price check some kits first, and see how complete they've become.

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
has anyone installed and used the Hartman Inc kit?
any have a testamony on its strength?
i like its look, and its price, but how are the rear ends holding up to towing, or jacks?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I have run the Skinz, and it is UBER strong, you can make it tie in well...I ran it with and without the powdercoating...prefer the coating personally...

here are two pics for comparison...

IMG_4030Medium.jpg

nytroMedium.jpg

I had my sled go head over heels, and land after full flip on the bumper...it definitely tweaked the bumper but did not ruin tunnel at all...was VERY impressed!!!

snocattin

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
NW Montana
MTdream's Skinz extension is strong, I witnessed him pull a heavy 4-stroke Yamaha (mine, I ran out of fuel, dummy) out of the South Fork no problem. (several miles of 2 foot moguls)

I'm on my second VE extension. Sold my first one (153 -162) to Sawyer then put on the VE 174 extension. Super easy instl and built really strong.

LG

DSCN2249_R2.JPG

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
MTdream's Skinz extension is strong, I witnessed him pull a heavy 4-stroke Yamaha (mine, I ran out of fuel, dummy) out of the South Fork no problem. (several miles of 2 foot moguls)

I'm on my second VE extension. Sold my first one (153 -162) to Sawyer then put on the VE 174 extension. Super easy instl and built really strong.

LG

hmmm, that track looks awful new too there Snocattin :)

Just ordered mine up too shoudl be here Wednesday...

Yeah I am more than comfy on the strength issue on the Skinz...have more than put it to the test!!!

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Thanks snocattin

Thanks for info on the VE. I'll now put one on order love to see a pic of them installed. I just installed the OFT 2 wheel ext. Love the fit and finish of it.

nytro tear down 005.jpg

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I have run the Skinz, and it is UBER strong, you can make it tie in well...I ran it with and without the powdercoating...prefer the coating personally...

here are two pics for comparison...

<pics removed>

I had my sled go head over heels, and land after full flip on the bumper...it definitely tweaked the bumper but did not ruin tunnel at all...was VERY impressed!!!

Looks sharp coated w/ the black BBs. Hmmm...

The VanAm setup is simply an extenstion by what I understand/see. I want to cut out the running boards and such as well. So, still seems Skinz and Hartman are my options there..

Thanks for the info and posts all! Please keep them coming. :)

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Its a bit more work to install, but really changes the look of the sled and includes rear brackets.

Extension.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Here are a couple more close up pics of mine...someone asked for them in IM, so thought others might like to see it too...

IMG_0173Medium.jpg

IMG_0174Medium.jpg

IMG_0175Medium.jpg

IMG_0177Medium.jpg

Sorry for the mess, is the inside of the trailer, and the sled is completely torn apart waiting for some extra fun stuff to get installed....

oh yeah, and I have a little different Oft axle coming and went with them for doing my rail extensions too...good guys great work!!!!

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Its a bit more work to install, but really changes the look of the sled and includes rear brackets.

If you want to post a price, I can add the price to the original thread, if not, I'll just add "PM Monster Max for price"

Just tryin to get all the info I can together, for myself, and others who may come along.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
I have the hartman
I wasn't impressed initially as it's 121 - 162 and i didn't know that, there are a couple extra parts you have to order, I got the board traction and 2 pieces from Alpine as they had a short track tunnel kicking about
If you look at the parts fiche you will see the 2 pieces, they are cheep and it actually looks good when it's finished
The rear drop bracket is a pain too as it doesn't match the board angle, had to cut some of it off

It comes with regular rivet's, I used the OE "drawtite" rivet's instead as well as a few 1/4 inch fatties in critical places
it also comes with some long barstock to give it strength
I put a kick in it just for looks and I'm pretty happy with it now

T

tfrick821

Nov 27, 2007
eastern ia
I have the hartman
I wasn't impressed initially as it's 121 - 162 and i didn't know that, there are a couple extra parts you have to order, I got the board traction and 2 pieces from Alpine as they had a short track tunnel kicking about
If you look at the parts fiche you will see the 2 pieces, they are cheep and it actually looks good when it's finished
The rear drop bracket is a pain too as it doesn't match the board angle, had to cut some of it off

It comes with regular rivet's, I used the OE "drawtite" rivet's instead as well as a few 1/4 inch fatties in critical places
it also comes with some long barstock to give it strength
I put a kick in it just for looks and I'm pretty happy with it now

lets see some pics

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
got my extension from mountain max this weekend and it ROCKS! working on the fitting the last day er so,,then of to powder coating,,anyhoo hats off to mountain max,,nice job buddaa!:D:D

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
I did mine by having a fab shop cut me drop brackets that go all the way back to the bumper out of 1/4 inch aluminum. $100
PB230072.jpg

Then used 09-10 M running board extrusions $80
PB230078.jpg

And a bunch of aircraft rivets. It was cheep, looks really good, tough as crap, fixed the crappy running boards and cut weight.

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
I did mine by having a fab shop cut me drop brackets that go all the way back to the bumper out of 1/4 inch aluminum. $100
PB230072.jpg

Then used 09-10 M running board extrusions $80
PB230078.jpg

And a bunch of aircraft rivets. It was cheep, looks really good, tough as crap, fixed the crappy running boards and cut weight.

Really nice work! Do you have any pics of the sled from the side?

Premium Features