• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What skis for m series

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
Besides stock what skis do you prefer and why. I have simmons on a m1000 and completely hate them I did however find them useful for breaking turds in half that wont flush,

Last edited:

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
I had simmons too, and switched to slp powder pros. They have treated me very well so far, they float extremely well, but they are very darty on the trails if you do any of that.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
If I didn't get one hell of a deal on my powderhounds I would have stayed stock. Awsome on the trails and everywhere else but 1" or 2 of crust at high speeds could be very interesting to say the least. They're lighter and float better than stock. Pretty much all aftermarket skis that I've tried have some drawbacks(PP's, powderhounds, simmons).

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
We'll need pop corn soon!

The MODS skis are supposed to work very well on the M series but, they look like someone made then in their shop.

All in all, I think the overall favorite based on past posts on this topic are the Powder pros. They aren't without fault (darting on hardpack) but, for their intended purpose they are tough to beat.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Just got an M8 this year and look forward to riding it...I've had an 1M chassis for the past 4 years and had Sly Dog skis on it and they worked very well for floating, would carve very well but didn't seem to bad for darting on the trail.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Ivebeen running the simmons skis on both my m's I like the dual carbide action. It seems to catch and guide the sled well.......................

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
I like my powderhounds but haven't tried anything else. The stock ones broke before got my sled.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
skis

USI X2's. Float well, and have a similar cross section to the powder pro's without quite as deep a keel. Hold a line great when sidehilling. Head and shoulders better than the stock skis and the powderhounds (powderhounds felt the same as stock to me).

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
how about the hcr skis? Has anyone tried these?

I've heard they are just shorter and don't float as well in the pow. But they are better on hardpack.

did some reading are they shorter narrower or both, says they have a deeper keel, idk might be worth tryin, but theyre prolly more for hard pack

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
How about the HCR skis? has anyone tried these?

did some reading are they shorter narrower or both, says they have a deeper keel, idk might be worth tryin, but theyre prolly more for hard pack

Ya the dealer had one as a demo last year and the guy that was riding it most of the season said in pow "they just sucked" He liked the M skis better. I'm going to try the powder pro's. Black ones through the cat accessories catologue aren't to bad.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have powder pros on my 07 and loved them. I'm putting powder pros on my 2010 as well. Pick it up tomorrow!

Premium Features