• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best control box?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Call SLP, I bet they have a Power Commander program for your application. They sell you the fuel controller and then upload their very carefully developed fuel settings. All you do is plug it in and ride (if they have the program built).

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Definately the Power Commander III..........I talked to SLP about it extensively the other day and he said the guy that makes the maps for those does it in like 50rpm increments and it flows perfect in all areas. If they made a map for the '08 I would certainly have one. I have never felt like you could completely nail the BD box in all areas like this without having a dyno to tune on. Sounds like a GREAT setup for the '09 '10 guys! Only way to go IMO..........

Aaron

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
having the same dilema with 09 m1 slp single pipe kit. but i have bdx intake and slp programs the power commander with their intake. they said it might work and not be to big of a difference and u can always fine to it yourself but you have to do it from a computer. kinda inefficient way of having to tune if you ask me.

but would love to have the powercommander if anyone could tell me it works with bdx intake.

W
Sep 30, 2009
Cle Elum, WA
Whats the best control box to run on a 09 m1000 with slp single?

I'd say a Boondocker, unless you can find somebody (trustworthy I might add) that has a pre determined flash file for the Power Commander on a 1000 with the mods you listed. The Boondocker can be field adjusted and the Power Commander can't, and riding with a laptop on your back will definately suck. I agree that the Power Commander may have more fine tuning capability, but only for engine tuners with dynos in my opinion

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We got it. Powercommander 3 with preprogrammed fuel map for your application. Ill even give you a 30 day money back guarantee, I am so confident! PM me if you are interested.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Just so everyone knows.............the Powercomander III allows for adjustment in the field without a laptop. There are buttons on the box that allow for adjustment in the low, mid, and top end range............these are not super fine adjustments.....but it will let you tune in the feild just like an attitude box. Otherwise.............yes you can tune it very, very finely with the supplied program and a laptop as well. Just an FYI. I have used power comanders for many years on various street bikes with awesome results. I am sure the product will work great for sleds as well.

Dave

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
###

Slp 1-208-529-0244

get the pc5 you can add a 5v refrence for tuning , (boost) and it tunes in 10 tp instead of 9, thats what i was told

m1000 slp exhaust 09 update

Last edited:
V
Jan 13, 2008
Burlington
What about the Auto Tune accessory for the Power Commander

Is anyone going to be using that with the Power Commander? Or does the O2 sensor get screwed up by the 2 stroke.

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
We got it. Powercommander 3 with preprogrammed fuel map for your application. Ill even give you a 30 day money back guarantee, I am so confident! PM me if you are interested.

alright well i guess ill be ordering from you right before i can ride so i can test this box out and make sure it works!

Premium Features