• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belly Pan

D

Dirt Digger

Mar 1, 2009
I made one up for mine. Went to pacific steel and got a small sheet of aluminum for 35 bucks. Turned out good, I think if I have time will make another one. The first one is trial and error second should be better.

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
I made one too, out of a street sign. It took some work but I was able to get it exactly like the oem plastic one complete with all the slots for the side panels.

Plastic over the oil filter on the bottom seemed very scary.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
There is plenty of room under there. Just run some metal sheet or steel bar across the existing supports. If you beef it up be sure to drill the frame and add a couple more push tabs on each side to support the weight.

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Here is a photo of what I did. Please excuse the mess on the bench. It weighs less than the plastic one. I understand that it is prone to denting, but I was more concerned with punctures than dings on the bottom.

belly pan.jpg

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
go for a pedstrian sign, that'll make some ppl wonder when they see your underside while doing wheelies

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Just got one of Roest Racings skidplates. Sweet!!

hmm more info? pics? price?

nothing on their website.

curious how much strength is there w/o a ribbed design.

would also like to see some coverage over the front plastic...i took a healthy hit in that region once already.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Just got one of Roest Racings skidplates. Sweet!!

SkidplateBlk.jpg

I just got one of these too! The quality is awesome. It is 3/16" aluminum powdercoated matte black so the snow doesn't stick to it at all. They are machined to fit like a glove. Honestly it is better than most OEM items are made. I got one of the new vents from them a couple months ago and knew the quality would be good when I ordered this. He is suppose to have more ready by this Thursday and he said they will be on his site by then. I am ordering 2 more for friends!

Aaron

B
Mar 14, 2010
skid plate

Look at the stamped aluminum bars that yamaha makes for the stock skid plate if you buy the bigger plastic skid plate yamaha offers then rivet the stock aluminum reinf plates to it makes alot stronger than stock setup.

ebay item 260663322521 or yamaha SMA-8GL34-00-RD

renforcement 8GL-21997-00-00

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
A snap to install, replaces plastic plate covering the oil filter, and they should be tuff as nails. A real quality piece of equipment with excellant fit.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Thanks guys. Lots in stock. You can run the longer filter ( 2 3/4" vs 2" ) as well. People are loving them and every Nytro should have one. They are a way better solution than the plastic skid/float plates for a variety of reasons.

Premium Features