• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 rear rack kit

C
Dec 9, 2007
CANADA
Hey guys, I just got the arctic cat rear rack kit to carry fuel on my M8.
Is there anyone who's using it and where exactly you install it?

the rear of the M8 doesn't look very strong. How many gallons can you carry on the back?

Its a 162" btw.
thanks

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i have the one from cat also its the aluminiumone with the 2 rods across, if it this one there is 1 rivet on each side that will line up to one of the holes in the rack bracket, then mark and drill the rest of them, be careful to not hit your cooler under there when drilling look underneath and you can see what im talking about, the bit can just go thru and no further or will hit the edges of the cooler, just be careful.

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
Racks

Wondering the same thing. Going to get my 2010 tomorrow and have been looking at racks and the Arctic rack looks kinda small and like you, where do ya put it. All the other racks I see are twice the price and don't look much differernt. Did see a add in SW for a rack from VMI Rack www.vortechmfg.com. Checked out their website but there wasn't a price. I hate that. Anyway, they claim increased strength to the tunnel with this rack. Might check it out anyway. Keep us informed where you figure out to put it.
:present:

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
You can see where the rack goes in this picture.

RyanPark2009230.jpg

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
...definately buy the rubber pad for under the gas can. Worth the money!

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
I was wondering if a gas rack with the can off a rev would work with the new 2010's? They both have the angled seats and i know that the doo set-up has been ran for a long time with no issues. Just a thought.

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
Kinda hard to decide where to put the rack on a 162. Still pissed that you have to buy the rack and put it on. Guess it's the price you pay for progress.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I also got the AC rack, dropping it off to have it powdercoated today. It came with instructions that shows exacly where to mount it.

"Remove the four rivets behind the seat assembly..."

Those four are the four corner mounting points on the rack, you just need to drill out the other four holes on each side with a 3/16" bit.

C
Dec 9, 2007
CANADA
I also got the AC rack, dropping it off to have it powdercoated today. It came with instructions that shows exacly where to mount it.

Those four are the four corner mounting points on the rack, you just need to drill out the other four holes on each side with a 3/16" bit.

Yeah I got it but it looks weird to put it 16 inches from the rear seat...
Still thinking about this... anyone have a picture of a 162 and new AC rack?

B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY

AK,
How are things in Eagle River? I was thru your neck of the woods this summer. Beautiful place. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that country from the back of the new m8. Probably be a pretty long trail ride from WY though.:) Anyway I think those instructions are for a 153. The rivets don't line up on the 162.:present:

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I am going to get the tunnel rubber pad thing since I already have the cat ratchet strap gas tank holder things. Hopefully it'll stay put with those.

I bought the cat gas can straps that tie into the holes on the tunnel as well, it worked excellent last year, no rack needed...almost as ingenious as the adjustable steering post!

B

C
i have the one from cat also its the aluminiumone with the 2 rods across, if it this one there is 1 rivet on each side that will line up to one of the holes in the rack bracket, then mark and drill the rest of them, be careful to not hit your cooler under there when drilling look underneath and you can see what im talking about, the bit can just go thru and no further or will hit the edges of the cooler, just be careful.

Just to add to this, when mine was installed, the 2 rods across were cut down or shortened a bit, so as to completely miss the edges of the cooler underneath the tunnel when drilling. Apparently they found it a little to close for comfort without doing this.

D
Dec 3, 2007
This was on one of the other posts.

Here is what we came up with for the 2010 sleds. If you have a 2009 sled and have replaced the seat with one of the new short seats these will work on your sled also. The 153 rack comes with 3 crossbars and sells for $110 plus shipping. The 162 rack comes with 4 crossbars and sells for $120 plus shipping. You can see them on our web page at www.vortechmfg.com or call and talk to us at 406-257-7828.
Thanks Bob
Attached Thumbnails
http://www.snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82921&d=1256856465

Last edited:
B

Bullcamp

Dec 6, 2007
WY
rack

Here's what it looks like on a 162. I did nick the coolers a little when I drilled through the tunnel. Do need to be careful when you drill. :eek:

Attachments

• SANY0396.jpg
    SANY0396.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 522
  • SANY0397.jpg
    SANY0397.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 484
Premium Features