• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Bike fest

A
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone up for this? I have a good friend that owns a hotel in Montrose CO. He would give us reduced rates to stay there. I know most of the MTN's pretty damn good around there. There's always epic snow and the boondocking is perfect. The Mtn ranges are Grand Mesa, Red MTN's, Crested butte, Arrowhead. There's a couple more but can't remember. Anyways this would be fun to do some side by side comparisons, and just have a great time on the bikes.

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Why not join in on Hawkfest.. I would love to see a community of single skiers..
There shouldnt be any issues with Hawk riders and conversions sharing the same common ground.. But thats just me.. others may feel different. But I hope not..:beer;

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
The bike conversions were welcome last year, as well as sledders. I'm sure everyone is welcome as allways. It was great to be able to try out all types of single ski rides.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
The bike conversions were welcome last year, as well as sledders. I'm sure everyone is welcome as allways. It was great to be able to try out all types of single ski rides.

True.. but there was heavy resentment towards the bike conversions on the forum..certainly not from all, it was also prevalent at hawkfest.. remember the line up at the cabin and "get that bike out of the photo"?? I do..

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
No I don't remember that, It was not said in my earshot. I think that Mike was tring to sell hawk riders on the conversions and that just caused a rift.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
good times

He(( yeah I'm game for more single ski gatherings of any sort. The terrain is what really determins the machine of choice for me. At hawkfest last year there was for sure some stuff I rode my hawk in that for sure would have been better on the bikes.

When you getting the turbo RMZ Jeff. I would really like that Ktm in my garage.

A
Mar 4, 2008
The reason I put this out there is:

Travelling to Utah for the next event is way farther than I would like to go.

CO has so much good riding for the bikes and the hawks its sick.

Its cheaper in CO. The rates my buddy would give us are awesome.

I would like to see more of the 2 Moto guys and some of the other kits out there.

Anyone with a Hawk I would love to have come. But plan on being tested in the really tight stuff. LOL

I know the areas pretty darn well, And I'm positive that there will be DEEP snow.

Artic Cat does most of there testing at one of the locals. If its good enough for them its good enough for me.:D

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
One fire can start a frenzy.

http://snowhawkadventure.com/hawkfest2010.aspx

http://www.facebook.com/people/Tony-Sexton/1146964895#/profile.php?id=100000439357364&ref=profile

It's not like the event stays in one place, just that Logan was the most suggested location on the forum after the Lolo event in Feb.

It takes time and someone as persistant as Tammy to grow like Hawk Fest has, all ski's are welcome.

CO. would be a great place though, many Oneski lurkers here reside there.:face-icon-small-hap

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
snow bike fest

I just added a 450 to our snow bike group so I plan of having alot of snow bike festivals in the Black Hills of SD this year. Everyone is welcome to come and try one out. Let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Here's your sign!

attachment.php

All skis invited.:)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
2Moto snow bike kit rentals.

Any of you readers looking here are welcome to rent the kit we traded in.

If you are interested in Hawk Fest but do not have a snow machine this would give you a taste. The 2008 kit we have has fittment for the 2003-2009 Yamaha YZ/WR 250/450 bikes. Contact a 2Moto dealer for a bushing kit for your Honda, Suzuki, Kawi, etc.

The event is long enough that a guy could install it one day, and remove that evening for the next user. I'm against using the YZ 450 that came with the combo, since I have set it up for my woods mount now, and I don't want the possible chance of engine failure or whatever bad luck could bring. Besides you know what your own bikes condition is and I'd just have better piece of mind renting an accessory than a whole machine.

$200 per day sound reasonable?

This does depend on whether we still own it by then, have it on Seattle Craigslist for sale currently.

Premium Features