• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutlers red/w Driven spring?

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
cutlers r/w driven

Yep, when my sled was new, it came w/attack 20 and I hated it. Spin in one direction and trench in the other. Just not for me. I went to a mavrick 16 wide and it pulled so much harder I had to reclutch and make some changes. (r/w cutler driven and a straight 49 helix) and started there. It was recommended by a friend and this combo brought my sled alive. I have done some changes along the way but kept the r/w spring....Works for me....I dont know forsure but I think its stiffer than a ac r/w. I still use it in my 975 clutching as well.....

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
All I use. Like said above, I think the Cutler red/white is just right, a hair stiffer than the cat but not as stiff as the green cat spring.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I run the spring in the same hole.

My highly technical measuring method of leaning and twisting the clutch to put it together says the cat green is much stiffer than the Cutler red/white:p. I don't know the rates of each but they sure don't feel the same or run the same since the green will turn significantly more rpm's in a looser hole with all else remaining static.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I run the spring in the same hole.

My highly technical measuring method of leaning and twisting the clutch to put it together says the cat green is much stiffer than the Cutler red/white:p. I don't know the rates of each but they sure don't feel the same or run the same since the green will turn significantly more rpm's in a looser hole with all else remaining static.

I could be wrong, I am just passing on what I thought dale cutler told me. But with my memory who knows.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I don't know about the cutler R/W but Bikeman has a black spring that is in between the cat r/w and green sno-pro. I ran it in mine last year and it worked real good.

Premium Features