• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 stuck in reverse?

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
Ok so heres the deal sent my sled in for some updates and a summerize. I just went to load it into the trailer, fired up fine, hit the gas and it moves backwards. I hit the reverse button, reverse light on the dash lights up, back up beeper comes on and now it moves forward. Is this a simple case of hookin some thing up in reverse(no pun intended).

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I had the very same thing happen to me when I first purchaced my sled. When I went to pick it up I went to back up as I wasn't lined up for the trailer and it started beeping but would only go forward.First warrenty claim and I had only rode it 20 feet. It was the reverse actuator that had broken.If you take off the cover above your foot well left side start the sled and ingage reverse you can see the arm on the actuator ingauge the reverse.It is probally the little arm that engages the shift fork that has broken.

Good Luck,
Dave

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry if I wasnt clear, the machine still moves in reverse, and it will switch from forward to reverse, the problem is that when the indicator light says reverse and the beeper is on it moves forward, then I switch it back it moves backwards, no light no beeper! ....Hey Dave hows it?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Sounds to me like a CCU (Chassis control unit failure).

Will be covered by warranty if you are still under warranty.
:)

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
if you have an 07 i believe there is a ccu update some ccu's were inadvertantly storeing codes. and if you have blown a belt real bad the bracket under you apv servo may have dammaged your diamond drive position switch. couple other scenarios im sure but thats whats comes to mind right now

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I had a problem where the flat circular spring got out of the spline so the box was locked into revers.It have only happend one time,running the sled on hard ground where the skies sticks.And this probably cause very high loads on the box.Its easy to take apart the box anf fix this.

Spring #16 gets loose.

2007M1000 0741-621.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features