• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Radiator Delete Question

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
So I am done doing the radiator delete to the 900...now its just time to get it back together. The only thing I noticed was that after the delete the top radiator hose (from the head to split by throttle bodies) seems a little shorter now. It seems like the hose will rest on the Y pipe once reinstalled. Anyone know what I am talking about? Has anyone else ran across something like this before? Did you just buy a longer hose so it isnt so tight?

BTW: I order the SLP kit....and it comes with a full flow union now....to my understanding it used to come with the restricted flow union. It actually worked out better because I put the kit on using Mountainhorse's diagram.:D

Thanks guys....Jack

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I took an old piece of hose and slit it, then put that around the effected area and wrapped it up with heat tape. So far so good.

100_1490.jpg

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Remember to remove the dead loop!

You should only have two hoses connected to your coolent bottle when you're done, not three.

I don't have a link to the thread that describes how to do it, but if you need it I can take you pics of my sled and show you how it's done ... It's a 10 minute job to do it.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Dog, yes I removed the dead loop and used the instructions MH has posted on this website. There are only two hoses connected to the bottle.

I am pretty sure I am set to go....I will just use jsledder's coolant hose mod for the y pipe area.

I apprieciate the help.....

Thank you, Jack

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
hey bro..

i know exactly what your talking about with the hose resting on the y-pipe..

mine was barely touching it and i wrapped it a ton with heat tape and the last ride of the year..it melted through and i lost all my coolant..

i still havent fixed it yet, but i am planning on using some of the old hoses i yanked off and adding a few inches to the head hose to give it more room...and all you have to do it add another union (from ace hardware) and a piece of straight hose maybe 4" long..

just thought i would mention that..you may come across this issue later on like i did...

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
I took an old piece of hose and slit it, then put that around the effected area and wrapped it up with heat tape. So far so good.

100_1490.jpg

I had to do something similar on my old 900 because the hose got too close too the exhaust made a nice hole too... so I cut the hose in two shortened it and put a aluminum 4 " piece in its place held on with hose clamps so the hose wouldn't melt again

Premium Features