• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris go beep :)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Polaris go beep now. No more grabbing a handful of throttle before remembering to hit the reverse button again.

Also removed the regulator for my old GPS so the power's compatible with my new one.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Mule, nice. Annoying as sh*t but nice. I guess thats what its supposed to be right?

BTW - WTF is with your avatar? lol

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Hopefully it'll remind me to pull up scratchers too. And yes, the idea is for it to be annoying.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Hopefully it'll remind me to pull up scratchers too. And yes, the idea is for it to be annoying.

Do you think you could post a procedure of how you wired in the alarm... and where you picked up one... as annoying as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if more people would like to add one... I'm not sure if I will or not, but the thought had occurred to me and it would be nice to have a few helpful hints on how to do it.

:beer;:beer;

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Parts i had at work... we have a surplus of buzzers since they're rather annoying, most of us doing development have pulled them off and wired an LED where the buzzer was. Had to do some voltage regulation since it's a 5V buzzer, but other than that it was pretty straightforward.

There's a wiring harness from the two connectors at the hinge of the hood going back to headlight/dash display. Yank off plastics, pull the connectors off the gauge cluster, peel back the corrugated harness, and the wires you're interested in are the red/white and white wires. Brown is ground, I tied GPS power to red/white and brown to give me 12v at that terminal. Any 12v buzzer will do; I'd bet even radio shark carries them. + lead on the buzzer goes to +12 (Red/white wire), - lead goes to reverse indicator (white wire). White wire has 12v on it when the light/buzzer is off, drops to ground (0.7v actually, voltage drop across transistor, open collector configuration, insert more nerdy electronics banter here) to drive the indicator and buzzer on. Buzzer and regulators fit inside a film container that I ziptied to the harness on mine.

Ever since that jackass at irwin backed into my truck i've always wanted one, and wished polaris would put one on there. It's the one thing i like about skid-oos.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Polaris go beep now. No more grabbing a handful of throttle before remembering to hit the reverse button again.

Also removed the regulator for my old GPS so the power's compatible with my new one.

Polaris go beep

I used to make fun of my Doo friends with their beeping reverse... then I did the headlight inspection in reverse on my Polaris and I stopped making fun of them after that.

I put a bright flashing light on my hood which "usually" reminds me. :)

sled_guy

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Some may say its a silly idea, but you have my vote on it...VERY good idea...those who have face planted their dash, windscreen know that its a great idea and worth it..

Props, as usual..alwyas good ideas from you buddy!!

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
I could be wrong, but that site just screams 'support wilderness' to me...

Thats a big negatory Seth, they are a sportsman group similar to ducks unlimited that put a lot of work into maintaining public access and being good stewards of the wild lands.

Mule thats a great idea. Might look into it come close to doing a unplanned hood inspection quite a few times.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Thats a big negatory Seth, they are a sportsman group similar to ducks unlimited that put a lot of work into maintaining public access and being good stewards of the wild lands.

Mule thats a great idea. Might look into it come close to doing a unplanned hood inspection quite a few times.

Well that's cool, just the layout of the site and the wording was what made me wonder...:eek::eek:

Sorry to hijack by the way... :beer;

I do like the alarm idea, kinda hard to see that little light blinking with a riser on.

Premium Features