• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to update your boards to newer style

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Thought this should get moved to the 900 forum.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156600

boards1.jpg

boards2.jpg

boards4.jpg

boards5.jpg

boards12.jpg

boards11.jpg

boardsbracket3.jpg

boards14.jpg

boards13.jpg

boards15.jpg

Last edited:
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Left them open.

If you look at the RAW chassis they just have the thin tunnel material flare out to look like its filled there. You could bend a piece slip it under the better boards at one end and connect it to the cooler support on other but IMO I dont want it plugged up there to catch and build ice. If open it should clear better.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
No updates since sled is still out of action. I had it done over a month ago but has a run-ability problem. I have it all plugged in as stock and it acts like a leaky crank seal. Irratic idle hard start and it is over oiling. I finally took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and told him to trouble shoot it. He has been stumped as well. I am going to get all the facts and put up a thread here to see if anybody has any better ideas. Very dissappointing indeed specially since it will end up being something stupid im sure. But the boards still look great:face-icon-small-win

S
Dec 1, 2010
Truckee, CA
This is one of the best updates for the 900 I have ever seen. How can i get my hands on this kit? you could be making alot of money off of this, im sure this would be a super popular product.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Only thing I would like if they made this is for it to tie into the side of the tunnel like the ones made for to IQ tunnel now. I already have the better boards on and if I took them off I would have all the holes were the older boards were rivited on showing.:face-icon-small-fro

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i almost did this to my 05 900 last year, but with buying this 06 and building it, no way in H3LL would i have had time or money.

i know of someone that made his own wide boards and had VE make him some snow elimnaters...almost looks identical to a VE tunnel now..

but he also converted it to a VE U-Cooler so it ties into the tunnel different then the stock 900 does...but he made a set for his bros 900 with stock cooler..

ill have to check back with him on it, we talked about making me a set of them..not sure if its still doable anytime this season or summer? ill post back what i hear..IF..i hear

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
VE makes a couple different wide boards. The problem is that they don't have the cooling lines running through them, but if you swapped in a different cooler they would work. It would cost you a lot more money though.

DRAGON%20RUNNING%20BOARDS.jpg

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Z-Man we will make you Better Boards for this project in the new 0069 version footbed / cleat/ hole pattern AND with a tunnel support to both cover up your holes and give you more strength. That style of tunnel will take the support side...that way you get the best of the best for your custom project! The wide style doesn't work as well in deep snow and the cleat and hole pattern of the lighter weight material shown does not meet our minimum durability standard. You'll find that this project gives you a better footbed but it increases deep snow drag and is going to be a bit of a sacrefice.

EVERYONE...WE MAKE CUSTOM BETTER BOARDS ALL OF THE TIME! You think you have a better idea on how to make this stuff then fire away. We'll make them any way you say. We can even put your name in em or draw a silly mtn pattern if that is what your heart desires! Even pick a color...super simple with your design and our manufacturing expertise. BAM

Premium Features