• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Y-Pipe and Can for M7?

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
Hey guys. I have been tossing around the idea of going with either a D/D or BMP Y-pipe and can setup for my 2006 M7, with my stock pipe. I do not want to run a fuel controller. Sled runs great right now and seems a little rich. tell me what you think, is it even worth it for the gain in power, response, ect. If i do go this root, what do you feel is a better setup/product between these two or did I miss anyone? All stock motor, 7k to 9k, clutched well, lots of deep and trees!

I ran a speedwerks can, didn't get "The Bog", but was really loud down low and mid range, probably leaning towards y-pipe and can from the same manufacture.

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Nov 27, 2007
y pipe etc

Ya do the y pipe.Dunno if its my head or not but seemed to clean the sled up alot.Also build one or get a injector perfector(carb jet in the line)This works for sure!!!
As far as clutching just ran whatever the clutch cover said.I'm sure someone will have a "hot set up"Good luck

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
i have always heard the Y on the & doesnt do much, now if you have a single and a Y that would be better , and noticable , the y alone i havnt heard good things ,
i have a flatland sled build on a 700 bottom end that uses a Y,, but there again i have a single and its BB to boot.

go with the pipe ,, get a fuel controller ,, you can get them cheep on here or hcs for like 150. clean up the bottom end and tune it in better ,,
a single and a fuelbox would be better than a Y and a can imo

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
Dynotech did show good gains on the 700's with the just y-pipe, but I keep hearing they don't work at altitude...dunno. DnD y has been on mine so long I don't know what it was like before. You said yours is rich...check fuel pressure with an accurate gauge. Biggest bank for the buck, right there, for 700 efi.

John

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
y-pipe

You would be alot better spending your $$ on a head the y pipe is a bad idea i have tried one and it did not work "lost power" a rkt head will clean it up and give you a little more power at elevation.As far as a can goes the hps is working good for me speedwerx is also a good can.M-7 can get a bogggg with some cans.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
I am running a Y w/ a speedwrex pipe and mbrp can, along with reeds. Ride mostly around 3k, sled runs alot better once its warmed up. I notice alot more power and gain. I run around with 144 and 153 on my 136 and keep up with lil no problem. Id say go for it, if you don't like it put the Y on here, someone will buy it.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
The Y wont give you much gain. we own three sleds. Mine, a 2006 M7, and a 2007 M8. mine i have a SW pipe and canister, on the 06 we have a Full D&D setup Y,pipe, and canister, on the M8 we have a SW canister and a Y on the shelf waiting to go on.
When we got the 06 we ordered the whole D&D setup right away but i wanted t play with it to see if you could tell if you gained anything. So first i put just the can on, didnt notice much but sound. put the pipe with everything else stock on and noticed quite a difference. then i put the y pipe on with everything stock and it seemed a little doggy if not the same. But then i put it all on and it ran the best it ever has! it may be that it all was made to compliment eachother but that just a guess. IMO if your going to run a Y pipe run the whole setup from the same company. But if your jsut buying one buy a pipe its money well spent!

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
y-pipe and can

i have a D&D y-pipe and a Bikeman(BMP) can for sale.(i traded my 700 crossfire on a 2010),pm me if your interested.you will see a difference with the y-pipe and hear a difference with the can.(you will gain 3.5 HP with a y-pipe(stock RPM) and you will only get a weight reduction (8 lbs)and nice sound with the can.)true story!!!! good thing with Bikeman you get a weight reduction and nice sound not too loud or obnoxious and no power loss.
i need 120.00 for the y-pipe and 175.00 for the can.they fit all m7/crossfire 700

D&D y-pipe part number #121-750 $189.00
Bikeman light weight muffler part number# BMPLM-2 $269.00

Last edited:

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Skip the Ypipe at elevation. Had one for awhile on my 05 M7 with 06 programming the D&D ypipe along with BMP pipe, can, reeds, timing key and boondocker. It worked pretty good at home around 1500 ft but when we got out west between 6500 and 9000 ft the thing just stumbled on its face tried everything with the fuel curves and couldn't get it to come completely out of it. Next trip out stock ypipe and it ran great. BMP can is a bit quieter then most but a nice sound out there didn't cause a bog on mine and definitely lighter. Cousin has a full speedwerx setup on his pipe, can along with reeds timing key and boondocker same setup as I had other then pipe and can and it runs good also. I have a BMP can for sale if your interested went to a 09 M8 last spring. Personally I think the biggest power addition was the timing key.

Treebuster

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2009
I have an 06 M7 and I've tried the Y-pipe was very dissapointed. I Had the worst bog ever and it didn't go away until the Y-pipe back on. when you get up to altitude they just don't perform on smaller sleds. If you are looking for a pick me up. I'd go with an rkt. head. it ups the compression big.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I really liked the D&D power Lite Pipe, Y-Pipe, and Skinz Super Q can on my M7. I have to think this is probably one of the most powerful pipe setups for a M7 running from 0-3000 Ft. I ran this setup without a Fuel Controller box, it was a little lean, but no problems for 1500 miles.

I also did the 10.4 secondary upgrade, made the low end MUCH better

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
06 m7 at altitude

I have your same sled and run at or a little above your elevation. I ran a HPS can intake and just cluthing for 2 years, it ran a little rich but still very good. I wanted a little more, so i put on a speedwerx y and this sled ran like sh__. Took of y and ran like the same old sled,
My research led me to see that below 5k feet the y (any brand) will give you some good gain but above that it hurts power on M7s. So this year I did a speedworx single pipe and milled head ten thousanth(much cheeper than new head), Havent rode it at elevation but just in the yard it has much better throttle respons and no box. Very excited to see how it will run.
The place that did the head said they have done many heads with no complaints on M7. Speedwerx and same place said I will love this sled now. Its setup to run the trees and boondock, love this sled for that.

Pray For SNOW !

R
Nov 12, 2009
Mine works

I run a 06 M7 with a BMP y, stealth pipe, and can. Also got a SLP (or Speedwerks cant remember) bigger horn intake and Boyensen cages. Clutch work to match this set up. The sled runs VERY STRONG and hits the high rpm where its supposed to be with no bog. Thats all I can put on it or I'd have to run a fuel controller or ebox.

Premium Features