• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running RKT or CPC torsional on an 09?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Who is running an Rk tek or cpc torsional conversion kit on an 09 M or Crossfire with engine reverse? How do you like it, and does your reverse work? Which one would you recommend?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I like the RKT kit performance better , but don't expect reverse to be happening. I use Cat red/white or snopro green torsional for M1000.
BB
That sucks, i have to have reverse bcuz of the way we have to load our enclosed trailer, it is a really tight squeeze and we have to back my sled in to get them to fit.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I like the RKT kit performance better , but don't expect reverse to be happening. I use Cat red/white or snopro green torsional for M1000.
BB

BB,

Wow!:eek: I would never settle for a clutch kit that made the reverse not work. Even if it did increase the the forward performance!

Culter has it figured out. From what I understand it's the amount of twist on the spring is what is making the reverse not work for you, or too much twist I should say. When you hit the rer button and apply gas the one sheave rotates and spreads and the clutch opens sucking the belt down into the clutch just enough so the rollers mis the rer notch in the helix. Anyway!:confused: I'd give Cutler's a call, maybe all you need is Dales new spring and you'd have your reverse back.:beer;

I rode three different '09-'10 Cutler sleds recently that all worked perfectly in reverse.;)

Does the no reverse even count if it is gear reverse?

No. The mechanical reverse ('07-'08) sleds use a different style helix and reverse not working is not an issue like it has been for the electronic reverse sleds.:beer;

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
BB,

Wow!:eek: I would never settle for a clutch kit that made the reverse not work. Even if it did increase the the forward performance!

Culter has it figured out. From what I understand it's the amount of twist on the spring is what is making the reverse not work for you, or too much twist I should say. When you hit the rer button and apply gas the one sheave rotates and spreads and the clutch opens sucking the belt down into the clutch just enough so the rollers mis the rer notch in the helix. Anyway!:confused: I'd give Cutler's a call, maybe all you need is Dales new spring and you'd have your reverse back.:beer;

I rode three different '09-'10 Cutler sleds recently that all worked perfectly in reverse.;)

No. The mechanical reverse ('07-'08) sleds use a different style helix and reverse not working is not an issue like it has been for the electronic reverse sleds.:beer;

Just to set the record straight..

Reverse works fine with our kit on the 09 sleds and all other years.. We logged 3000 miles this season on our 2009 and made it a point it put in reverse at least 3 time every ride.. It works fine..

Big Bull does not have the 09 kit.. he has the 08 kit and reverse will not work with our 08 kit.. The 09 kit is a different kit.. MANY have the 08 kit and just because the reverse "notch" is present in the helix, they ASSUME that this is the 09 kit, when, in fact, our 09 kit is completely different.

So, in short, reverse works fine but you must have the 09 electronic reverse kit.

Kelsey

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Regardless of the year, every RKT clutch kit we have used has outperformed the others we have tested side by side. I have an 09 kit as well on another sled I installed. It works 90% of the time and yes, it is because of the setup. BUT, the wicked asz backshift and instant response is worth it, even if reverse never worked IMO.
BB

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Just to set the record straight..

Reverse works fine with our kit on the 09 sleds and all other years.. We logged 3000 miles this season on our 2009 and made it a point it put in reverse at least 3 time every ride.. It works fine..

Big Bull does not have the 09 kit.. he has the 08 kit and reverse will not work with our 08 kit.. The 09 kit is a different kit.. MANY have the 08 kit and just because the reverse "notch" is present in the helix, they ASSUME that this is the 09 kit, when, in fact, our 09 kit is completely different.

So, in short, reverse works fine but you must have the 09 electronic reverse kit.

Kelsey

Ill be gettin ahold of U this fall for an update for the kit Ive got. Reverse is nice. Damon...................

Premium Features