• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting Ez-Ryde to stock nytro tunnel.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
The Ez-ryde brackets came in today and I was wondering if anyone has had experience or pictures of mounting the ez-rdye to the stock tunnel. I was told the brackets line up to some of the existing holes. I read the general install guide but it leaves alot on the table and dont want a swiss cheese tunnel.

Thanks

Tues

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
The only problem is you are running a rear mount turbo. If you are running a 2.5 inch track the track only has 1/2 inch clearance between the track and the turbo mount. Way too close. I had to make some drop brackets out of the ones ezryde sent me to get some addidional clearance. The other thing I did was took the upper wheels and got them machined down 3/8 or an inch. The stock track gives you about 1 inch of room. I will send you some pics when I get back home next week.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Well as luck would have it they sent me 08 brackets but I have a 09 skid which is different. New brackets are being sent out. I hope I dont run into trouble as t-nytro was mentioning. I do run a ce track.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
does everybody go exactally off of the measurements provided by EZRyde or do they change the goemetry a bit???

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I had good luck using drop brackets on the rear and the EZ ryde front brackets. On the rear mount turbo you need to drop the rear out of the tunnel just a bit more for clearance.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Finally mounting my ez-ryde drop brackets made for an mcx kit (took 3 tries to get the right brackets) and man they where a PITA. After alot of messing around I got most of it buttoned up. However I now see that on the rear bracket where the bracket bends with the tunnel out to the footrest is a long ways away from where the tunnel bends. They pre drilled 3 holes to line up with existing holes in the running boards and even with 3 big clamps on I am lucky to see even half of the hole. I am thinking that it is most important to mount the bracket inside the tunnel using the stock holes because this will determine the mounting point. Where ever the they attach on the running board will not effect geometry? If the fold in the bracket matched up closer to where the tunnel bends it would give it more strength?

I will load a pic later.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
It looks close but it is not along the running boards.

IMG_3845.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3840.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

IMG_3838.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3837.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3836.jpg
[/IMG]

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
Mine looked the Exact same. Poorly designed piece imo. i moved my bracket up to fit tight. None of the pre-drilled holes worked for me.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
If I move it up then the mounting hole will also move up. Is that going to be ok or is it better to have the bracket hang down so the mounting hole/geometry is correct????:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Well I check all 3 sets of rear mounts that I was sent and all 3 seem to sit low on the bend between the tunnel and the running board. So I put on every clamp I had and tryed to suck it up as tight as I could and rivot it on.

With the 09 162 skid where are people mounting the front bolt? Think I was told the middle rear hole? Any suggestions?

Tues

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
If I move it up then the mounting hole will also move up. Is that going to be ok or is it better to have the bracket hang down so the mounting hole/geometry is correct????:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con
I used a template to relocate the rear hole back to its correct position.

Well I check all 3 sets of rear mounts that I was sent and all 3 seem to sit low on the bend between the tunnel and the running board. So I put on every clamp I had and tried to suck it up as tight as I could and rivet it on.

With the 09 162 skid where are people mounting the front bolt? Think I was told the middle rear hole? Any suggestions?

Tues
I running mine in the lowest rear hole. Im thinking about moving it up a hole or two. But my skid is an 07' not an 09'

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Spoke with Christain again today he is not sure why all 3 brackets dont line up on the bend. Also he said it would be best to mount the front bracket in the rear middle hole for the 09 162.

Probably put the skid in tomorrow.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I am sure this is a decent skid, but I hope it works out for you. I know of at least 3 guys that tried it and have taken it out and replaced it with another brand. Apparantly they work ok on non boosted sleds, but can't handle the tourque of a 4 stroke turbo. Good luck.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
New chapter in the ez-ryde saga. I was sent the 16.5 cross member shafts to fit the 16.5 wide nytro tunnel. Guess what. They are 16.5 but that is too wide to clear the inside brackets that came from Ez-ryde. They need to be at least 1/8 of an inch shorter on either end to be able to clear the brackets.

Answer me this.......when they ship you their brackets and their crossmembers dont you think they would have figure this one out?

If I didnt use the inside mounting brackets it would sort of go together but you would still be fighting the stock bracket that runs in there as well but you could make it work.

After 2 hours of wrestling with that PITA I am more then annoyed with the whole skid. sloppy brackets and wrong size cross members grrrrrrr.......... time for a beer!

Anyone else with experience I would like to hear your info.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
The cross memeber is tight but it does fit. It is all in the technique on how you put it in. You can ratchet strap the skid so the main arm is forced back and the rails will slide forward. This will get the skid back far enough to get the skid to slide up into installed ezryde brackets. Stick a jack under the front of the track and jack it up until you can manouver the front arm into the desired hole.
Hard to explain but it will go in alot easier. It is a pain until you get a nack for it.

The brackets I got fit pretty good. The ones I got were bent different. I had to use C clamps to get them right up to the floor boards aswell not near as far though.

Last edited:
Premium Features