• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New front Plastic for 900 RMK

G
Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone know if you can put the new Polaris front end on a 2005-2006 900. I know that the air box is an issue, I have looked at the timbersled product for the air intake. I would like to put the new plastic and the up graded bumper on my 2006 900. I just would like to know if anyone out there has done this yet, or know of anyone how is make this type of conversions for these sleds. Thanks.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Covered before....

Yes it will work... only with the T-sled, stock or Fire N Ice intakes.

Go with the SPG or Cobe bumper if you really want to make the front end stronger and dont get the stock bumper...

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I second the Skinz Front bumper, my buddy put one on his 900 along with the skinz float plate and they are awesome and well designed too, very strong and look good:D

100_2402.jpg
100_1838.jpg

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
TriCity bumper on mine. Pretty strong, but I did have 3 of the 4 tabs bust off. Took it to the welder and he fixed it up, may take it back this summer and have him throw some gussets on there to beef it up a little more.

Took 'em a while to get it out, but it's a good bumper. Instructions could use some work though.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I know somebody has a "kit" they are selling but I have another question about the "kit"

Has anybody priced all the pieces from Polaris? and figuring a 25% discount how does that compare cost wise to the "kit" that is out there??

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I know somebody has a "kit" they are selling but I have another question about the "kit"

Has anybody priced all the pieces from Polaris? and figuring a 25% discount how does that compare cost wise to the "kit" that is out there??

This Post
says it should be about $500+ .
And then the bumper in question in "the kit" is $350
but the kit is $625 so it seems like like an okay price.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Fastrax has the best pricing on the 09 body kit. They also offer a discount on a package deal with the COBE bumper.

It would look like this. Also the exhaust exits farther forward on the 09 plastic so you would have to fab up a piece of tin or aluminum to cover the hole for the 09 plastic and cut a hole for your exhaust. easily done no big deal.

Turbo016.jpg

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
So what is all included in the kit then? does it include side panels or just the tub?

Our '09 body kit includes both side fenders, center nose pan, swaybar/bumper brackets, hood hinge, grills, screens and the lower a-arm support plate.We can also supply what little hardware you'll need to do the conversion if you don't want to round it up yourself.(handful of rivets and 6 bolt/nut assemblies) There have been threads previously about doing this conversion on the 900's if you need specific details on the install.Your existing side panels are re-used.

curt

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I just bought the 09 front end "kit" from Curt at Fastrax...best price by far..rumor has it that polaris is raising the prices on parts as well, so might wnat to get it BEFORE season or you may be paying more..

CURT will hook you up, OUTSTANDING guy with EXCELLENT customer service..i will ONLY deal with him...

i also priced the OEM parts out a while back peice by peice and i think i was at $500+..so was worth getting the "kit" IMO and it was cheaper..

cant wait to install it, but have ALOT to do before i get there :( oh well, the best part is..i already have it, lol ;)

Premium Features