• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT M1000 porting setup??

A
Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
How is the RKT M1000 porting and head setup running, tunning, how does it compare to stock? Heard some good things on this setup but want to hear from guys running it. How does it compare to Bent Linderman's setup?

Ajay

johndeerejunky

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
ND
just bought an 09 with rk tech porting head a speedwerx pipe only put on 50 miles with but very happy

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
ttt

I too am interested to hear feedback on this issue. Looking for more information.

Thanks.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
The M10 package we offer runs very well.. We have been actively testing/pursuing a better set-up every season.. This season was no exception.. we tested no less than 6 different pipes (twins and singles). We even made some of are own..
So, we do not stay at the status quo..

The current kit is rated at 225 HP on 91 octane and with the single pipe. It will deliver that... On race fuel we can get even more.

This 1000 will walk all over all the 1200's we have run across (and we have run across quite a few).. Ask Mike from BD-X how it runs and how the M7-M8 kit runs..

Kit has been in service since 2007 and has proven to be very reliable.. We could not be more pleased with it..

If you want more info, feel free to contact me anytime

Kelsey

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
could you detail what the 225 hp " kit" consists of please

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I think 225hp would work for now, Have you tried it with full slp pipe. I'm assuming it would be close to the same. What clutch setup are you using? and do you have any dyno charts?

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
well that sucks, from what I heard the pipes are comparable with the stock engine, makes me curious to know what the difference is.

You are correct.. in fact, the SLP pipe works a tad better than the Speedwerx on a BONE STOCK engine. But once you add the head the SW pipe really shines over the SLP pipe.. Then, add porting (proper porting), and it takes it to the next level again.. It is a very good match, mainly because we designed our porting to match this pipe.. We had to pick one and this is the pipe we chose.

In any case.. the complete package turns your M10 from a tractor that just keeps the same speed while climbing hills (not real exciting) to a monster that is accelerating from the bottom of the hill to the top (ie. you WILL be going fast at the top of the hill than at the bottom) like a good running sled should do..

Kelsey

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Thats what I'm wanting, I don't know how much it cost for the pipe, porting, clutching and everything else, seems like it could add up to the price of a pump gas turbo. But the non turbo monster would be fun to toy with the 800 turbos.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Thats what I'm wanting, I don't know how much it cost for the pipe, porting, clutching and everything else, seems like it could add up to the price of a pump gas turbo. But the non turbo monster would be fun to toy with the 800 turbos.

Actually, the cost is about 1/2 of the turbo kit price... and it WILL run with pump gas M10's all day long since the PG M10 is limited on the amount of boost it can run with stock injectors.

As for the PGM8's compared against the M10... We have done that many times.. M10 is always on top.. Tried to get other forum members to come out for friendly comparisions..

Turbo's RIP but they need race gas to wipe up a proper running big bore. On race gas and big boost.. the turbo's have no equal.. That is for sure.. but at pump gas safe boost pressures.. the Big Bores are in the game and sometimes even out in front..

Kelsey

Last edited:

johndeerejunky

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
ND
does the skinz can much different than the speedwerx on this set up and are reed worth doing

A
Mar 1, 2009
Alaska
I have an 07 M1000 with the RK TEK porting, head and clutch kit. It has been very reliable. I have been running it since 08, I have said this before, it doesn't feel like it has 225 HP maybe due to the slow revving of the 1000 but it is crazy the things it will do. I run all SW exhaust, and agree I don't really like the can, I switch back and forth from the factory to the SW can, I finally got a map on my boondocker I like that is way leaner than anything you will find on the manufactures website and it now works AWESOME with the SW can.
The only thing I don't like and it is not RK-Tek's fault is I can't get it to pull like a tractor. I have ridden T-Cats since 93 and miss that tractor grunt out of the hole.
I have basically spent the last two winters perfecting my boondocker setup and just haven't got the clutches dialed in yet. Was it worth the money-Yes, Would I buy from them again-Yes.

D
Jan 17, 2009
GF, MT
kelsey have you tried a jaws can on single ? have you tried the new jaws twins on your 1000 set up i dont really want twins just wondering becuase the jaws tripples worked so good on the 780 809 rotax thanks have a great day dan

Premium Features