• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question(s) for the guys with 900 Turbos

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'm pondering this idea still since this was originally what I had set out to do ....

but ...

I've seen Superdave's setup, haven't seen TreeDog's, but I am curious ..

Is that possible to do a tunnel-dump setup on a 900 or will the orientation of the chain case totally prevent that on this sled?

The only thing that's really holding me back from doing this is that I still wanna be able to pass a sound test .... AND ..

Do you guys think it'd even be worth it to do to a sled with a 151x2 track? I'm pondering upgrading the track as well but that's gonna be a ~$1200 adventure by the time it's all said and done, and Derrick (if I am not mistaken) had posting $5600 for his 900 turbo kit?

I could probably sell my slp setup I just put on and at least recover some of the costs from that ...

I dunno, what do you guys think, I don't think I've pissed away enough money on my 900 yet :D I'm only young and dumb and single once after all ....

ok well young and dumb I might be single for ever but you ge tthe idea

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I say go for it ! Tractors rule ! I have been eyeing SD3's Turbo myself . I am kinda young and single again!;)with as much trouble a as the 800s have is the 900 really that bad ? I dont think so! I

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
dude, no. I can't believe that thought crossed your mind.

Get a new(er) sled and do it right.

You and I both know how much I love and promote the 900s... but no. This is a bad idea.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
I say go for it ! Tractors rule ! I have been eyeing SD3's Turbo myself . I am kinda young and single again!;)with as much trouble a as the 800s have is the 900 really that bad ? I dont think so! I

Polsinhunter I can anwser that cause I had a 9 and now a 8 I want my old 900 back bad

my 8 is nothin but problems I had dreams when I got it to turbo but the dang thing cant even handle its own power without issue

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
You have a rock solid start with Indydans bottom end, I would give it some serious thought. I've heard the 900T pulls like a sum beetch.

I will second the 900's to not being as much of a pain in the azz as the 8's.

I am giving serious thought to jumping ship next year to the M8 Cats.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
900 turbo

I'm pondering this idea still since this was originally what I had set out to do ....

but ...

I've seen Superdave's setup, haven't seen TreeDog's, but I am curious ..

Is that possible to do a tunnel-dump setup on a 900 or will the orientation of the chain case totally prevent that on this sled?

The only thing that's really holding me back from doing this is that I still wanna be able to pass a sound test .... AND ..

Do you guys think it'd even be worth it to do to a sled with a 151x2 track? I'm pondering upgrading the track as well but that's gonna be a ~$1200 adventure by the time it's all said and done, and Derrick (if I am not mistaken) had posting $5600 for his 900 turbo kit?

I could probably sell my slp setup I just put on and at least recover some of the costs from that ...

I dunno, what do you guys think, I don't think I've pissed away enough money on my 900 yet :D I'm only young and dumb and single once after all ....

ok well young and dumb I might be single for ever but you ge tthe idea

I am not sure how to respond to this. On one hand, installing a turbo on a 900 is probably the best mod I have ever done on any sled. The power at elevation will have you smiling every time you crack the throttle.

On the other hand the cost of the turbo kit makes me wonder if putting more money in a 900 is a wise choice. If you plan to ride this sled for a few more years then go for it.

As for the tunnel dump, it would be tough to do because of the footrest being too closr to the chaincase. I dont recommend the exhaust exit out the side panel like I originally had done, it is FREAKING LOUD. I have since added a Boondocker muffler and dumped it out the bootom. Now it is not much louder than a single pipe and can.

As for your track I would think a 151" track is a little short. I think you would get a lot os ski lift. Maybe a 155" and then you wouldn't have to extend your tunnel.

You could also save your $6000 and sell your sled and buy mine for $10,000. ;):D

Premium Features