• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 RMK Oil Bleeding

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Sorry to post and post and post but i can't get this damn thing to pump! I bled the oil lines and pump already, but its either not pumping or their is air still in the lines, my cable is working and when i ride it works now and again, except today it didn't work at all! I finally got the TPS wires fixed but im running to lean for comfort expecially on a new top end! Any suggestions? Also when bleeding do you run the sled?(would be hard considerating your Ypipe is removed, at least i remove it)!

Thanks
Grant

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Grant..

dont worry about being a post whore..if you need info..ask..only way its going to get answered ;)

anyways..bleeding the pump is VERY simple..but its crucial you get it right..if you filled the oil tank with the lines off the pump then you need to crack the bolt on the pump for a few seconds until NO bubbles are seen..did you install the oil filter on the right way..there is an ARROW for flow ---points towards the pump..

mine bled within seconds and has been fine since..if you need to bleed it a bunch of time do it..unil your comfirtable its cleared of air..

you can also add some oil to your gas if you are concerned its not bled fully..too much oil is better then no oil..go 50:1 mix

you might have a bad oil pump..and needs to be replaced..its happendde before..i dont know how to test if its bad..i would just get another one if thats the case..

good luck, hope you get it up and going..

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
YOU CANNOT RUN THE SLED WHILE BLEEDING..too much stuff is disconnected..!!

Not true Guido.

With everything connected you can reach down with a clothes hanger (what I used) or piece of stiff wire and pull the cable wide open while the sled is idling. My oil lines bleed just fine. Best place to look is on the PTO side, you will see the oil bubbles and the oil pushing them threw. Make sure to run a little oil in your fuel tank though.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
good call..i should have realized that..i used that on an arctic cat i built..

i was thinking one track mind..i meant by opening the bleed screw..but yes the hanger trick is VERY effective..

thanks nelson for catching that..its much easier that way ;)

K

krat

Jul 30, 2008
Montreal, Qc, Canada
I do it with the engine running.

- stop the engine, remove the exhaust pipe, crack the bleed screw with a very long flat screwdriver
- re-install the pipe, start the engine and let it flow
- stop the engine, remove the pipe and tight the screw.

krat

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Should i raise the front up way up (like you do when bleeding the coolant) so air rises to the bleed screw? I'll try it ALL tonight in hopes of getting it flowing so i can ride again! More snow on Wed here!

Thanks Everyone for your advice!
Grant

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
There's no need to raise the front end.

Haven't had anymore snow around my neck of the woods. We had a few good dumpings of snow a couple weeks ago that have already melted.:(

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Alright, I took about 2 hours last night bleeding the sled! There was a pretty good puddle of oil on the concrete when i got finished, i let it idle while bleeding as well! Worked great last night while riding for about a hour and a half then i went home. Went out this morning and no go AGAIN, are the crankcase oil lines hooked to the oil pump as well? I unhooked the PTO side oil line because of air bubbles and i started the sled but NOTHING was pumping through! I also unhooked the oil line on both side of the oil filter and there WAS oil running through it so its not clogged! Is there any way these pumps work on and off, Cable is good! Should i buy a new one or???

Thanks

Grant Miller

Premium Features