• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 RMK 900 Water Pump

N
Nov 29, 2007
Cost... i'm not to sure. But you would be doing yourself a favor in just pulling the motor and changing it. You might be able to get away without pulling it but i think it would be much easier to just get it out and then do the work. I actually have a used water pump on a bad bottom end that i could inspect and shoot you a price if you want.

Yea i have it in my buddies heated shop right now, and kinda figured i would be pulling the motor. Just wanted to know if there was a secret. I've got some other maintenance that i need to do while im in there.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
You for sure will have to pull the motor. I went through 3 ($90) of the little waterpump seals in the back of the case figuring out how to do it right about 6 months ago. There is a special tool the dealer uses, but it can be done with two sockets. You drive the outer ring into the block just a little and then you have drive the inner ring that goes over the shaft in right behind it. You go back and forth like this until the outer ring is seated up against the block. If you try just driving the outer in all by itself, the inner will pull apart and break every time trying to slide over the shaft! After you go back and forth 2-3 times and get the outer seated all the way into the block, the cover will push the inner on the rest of the way to where it needs to sit. Take your time and it will work just fine. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Aaron

Premium Features