• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ready to burn my 05 900 fusion

P
Feb 22, 2009
Ok so after rebuilding both sides of the engine.....re flashing the computer back to stock.....installing a new DET sensor....now tonight first ride after all of this....and i went for about 30 mintues...stopped at a stop sign and it shut off.....wouldnt start...waited abit...then i t fired.....it did this on and off....finally got tired of waiting towed it home....when i got home it fired right up

any ideas

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
Ok so after rebuilding both sides of the engine.....re flashing the computer back to stock.....installing a new DET sensor....now tonight first ride after all of this....and i went for about 30 mintues...stopped at a stop sign and it shut off.....wouldnt start...waited abit...then i t fired.....it did this on and off....finally got tired of waiting towed it home....when i got home it fired right up

any ideas

Are you trying to start it while holding the throttle or no throttle at all while starting???

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Old gas?

Have you changed the fuel filter? Fuel float update done?

+1 for a little bit of throttle starting it. I have to do that with my 900 on occasion.

P
Feb 22, 2009
brand new fuel filter....float update done...jsut reconeccted the fule lines...new fuel in the tank....there was no spark when i pulled the plug.....so some kind of electrical i htink.....the only big thing i ahvent replaced yet is the stator....so guessing now this is going...i dont know..i am really sick of the sled.

only had it two months and i cant ride it very far without being worried about getting home

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
brand new fuel filter....float update done...jsut reconeccted the fule lines...new fuel in the tank....there was no spark when i pulled the plug.....so some kind of electrical i htink.....the only big thing i ahvent replaced yet is the stator....so guessing now this is going...i dont know..i am really sick of the sled.

only had it two months and i cant ride it very far without being worried about getting home

You can test the stator, I would check the CPS also. Be sure to disconnect all the kill switches or the main kill wire on the chassis harness, could be a simple fix like that.

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
CPS is the crank position sensor, tells the ecu where the crank is in relation to when the injectors need to fire and when the plugs need to fire.

You will have to call the dealer to get the testing procedure for the stator, you will need fluke meter or some kind of ohm meter to do the test. Not sure if there is a CPS test procedure but the dealer should be able to tell you if there is.

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
Where are you located??? I can suggest some dealers that are very helpful. PM me with your info.

P
Feb 22, 2009
anyone else out there have any other ideas...it wasnt doing this till after i took it to the dealer and had it flashed back to stock again..i was running an slp reflesh before the two melt downs

P
Feb 22, 2009
I htnk i have hte manual that you are going to send already....its in pdf form....

ya i agree its something that when it heats up it shuts off....but who knows even where to start.....it didnt do this till after the last service at the dealer for the reflash....someone said something about handle bar warmers shorting out.....maybe??? i could try un plugging them and the thumb warmer....but i dont want to go riding and get stranded and my yard is really small...lol

P
Feb 22, 2009
ok so put it up on a stand..ran it for awhile....like trail riding...once the sled warmed up to about 140 or so...it shut off again.....tried stariting with the chasis relay unplugged no difference...

T

Tom400CFI

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 11, 2009
The first thing that I would do would be to find out what's missing, during the time periods in which it won't start; spark or fuel?

Diagnosis gets a LOT easier (and more efficient) when you travel the road of reason, rather than the road of guessing. When it won't start, that is your perfect opportunity to diagnose.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
spark is whats missing.....would it make sense that the stator would jsut stop like that when its running and warm?

yes it has been happening to the 9's for some time now. probably 3 people on here in the last month have had the same problem.

P
Feb 22, 2009
hmmm great...are these expensive/hard to install.....would i beable to install it.....also what page is the testing procedure on in the manual and where would i find the stator plug??

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
hmmm great...are these expensive/hard to install.....would i beable to install it.....also what page is the testing procedure on in the manual and where would i find the stator plug??

page 13.36

hard to change you basically have to pull the motor. you need a flywheel puller other than that basic hand tools. the plugs are at the ecu right infront of the gas tank. you have to pull the tank to access them.

statorspec.jpg

statortest.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features