• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 900 crankshaft assembly?

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I am looking for the part number for the new 900 crank that comes with the 33mm PTO end and new clutch and 115 belt?
I did a search and could not find it..... My dealer has no clue??

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
crank

You are thinking this part is made by POLARIS, it is not, this is an aftermarket product made by Indy SPecialties in Minnesota, do an ebay search for "Indy Specialty Torque Master Bottom End".
Good Luck!:beer;
Andrew

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I am aware of indy dans cranks.... there is suppose to be a new crank offered by Polaris with the 33mm pto end and new clutch.

900polman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ft Bridger WY
crank

i installed the new polaris crank in my 900 last month. runs great but i think indy dan would have been the way to go. also if you get the pol crank get a new pto seal the one in the kit is wrong. they make good on it but it took a few days to get it. also have the clutch reshimed. mine was way off. mountainhorse saved me some money with his good advise.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Figure cost. But I think dogmeat is going to part his sled out and it has a fresh indydan bottom end. Shoot him a pm.

Sled is at Carl's Cycle right now getting a new top end, ECU, and removing the RMX head and pipe. I'm just gonna run a stock head and a stock pipe on it.

Edit: And yeah, Dan's crank is the way to go. That's been the only part of this 900 project that's worked flawlessly so far :)

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Sled is at Carl's Cycle right now getting a new top end, ECU, and removing the RMX head and pipe. I'm just gonna run a stock head and a stock pipe on it.

Edit: And yeah, Dan's crank is the way to go. That's been the only part of this 900 project that's worked flawlessly so far :)

What is wrong with using the head and pipe?

900polman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ft Bridger WY
seals

I will try and find the part numbers. the stock seal is the right one. The one that comes in the kit has a smaller inside and outside diameter. just food for thought so a guy doesnt have to wait longer to ride .

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Thanks guy's for all the good info. The price for this crank assembly here in Canada is 1341.00 How much is it in the US.
From what I here most of the crank failures on the 900 are due to the pto stub breaking off. Any other types of failures out there?
I would think that the new crank with the bigger pto end would solve this problem.
I have 1600 miles and no problem so far.... I am just preparing.
Also would you guy's recommend installing this crank as a preventative measure?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
What is wrong with using the head and pipe?

RMX shaves the head and puts a reducer in the pipe ... Their package does give the sled a little more pep, but in light of recent events I want the stock or SLP programming in the ECU, and I don't wanna spend the money on the SLP pipe/head combo, so I'm just gonna put a used stock head and used stock pipe on it and be happy.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Just measured my crank runout and it is .003 inner measurement and .004 outer measurment. ( outer meaning near the end of the pto)
Is this okay? Or should I replace the crank before I get stranded? I thought I read on here that .002 is okay ??

Premium Features