• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big trouble today - help needed!!!!

R

Rock Star

Mar 29, 2008
Park City, Utah
WORSE DAY EVER!!!!! WE LEFT 5 SLEDS ON THE HILL AND FLEW OUT ON A CHOPPER... FOLLOWED THE LEADER INTO A RAVINE W/NO WAY OUT. 7.5 HOURS LOWERING THE SLEDS INTO THE BOTTOM. EVERYONE IS WIPED BUT... SUNRIDGE, KEVCO, ROBO!!!!, CHIEF AND A FEW OTHER ARE GOING TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO GET THEM OUT IN THE MORNING UP A WAY THAT s&r SHOWED US..... sHUTTLE SLEDS NEEDED. BODIES NEEDED. THIS WAS THE WORST DAY i HAVE EVER SPENT ON A SLED!!!!!!! IN 40 YEARS!!!!!! ANY HELP WILL BE FOREVER APPRECIATED.

NEWMTNSLDR, TUNDRANERD, ME AND 2 OF MY CLIENT'S SLEDS GOT LEFT.cHIEF MADE IT OUT. :) GOOD THING HE DID!!!!!

10 AM AT SOAPSTONE PARKING AREA.

THANKS IN ADVANCE. SHOULD BE A NICE DAY. MEAL ON ME AFTERWARDS AT PASCILLAS IN KAMAS. :)

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
glad you boys are ok....but we need pics......hope all goes well tomorrow..be careful...

J

Jmx571

Owch that sucks if I didn't have to work I would be their have a cousin who flies choppers I could give him a call.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Spencers 700 dragon Dougs 780 and I think nerd rides doos. Cheif didn't drop in he got waived off from doug. Glad u boys r ok. My sleds r at Tcp I'm
Waiting to hear back from the gate keeper

GOT S&R? :)

R

Rock Star

Mar 29, 2008
Park City, Utah
OK, FIRST RIDER DROPPED over the edge and then 2,3,4, 5 (me) when I saw the reality. I took on a tree to stop me AND turned and waved off Chief. Then we worried all day where he wa alone!!! sucked. I'd say 1000' of vertical and a 70 degree pitch. unreal Team work got all the sleds down... 7 plus hours with out a wrecked sled or an injury. we were shown by S&R how to go in and pac a track to drive them out! Ron, good skills would help a lot. 5 of us can barely walk! and I'm playing injured. this was the nail in my coffin i think. we'll get 'em. I'd love it if you can help. Robo called a few of his chopper buddies and the cost on Monday if we don't will be OUCH!!! But we WILL fly 'em if we have to.

the other 2 sleds are 2 new Rev XP 800 r's and what Blake said.

thanks all for your replys. Sunridge rocks, he ain't letting us leave a sled!!! ;)

I wanted $10K for my $23K mod. right now it's $9K and get it yourself. lol ;)

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
wish i could help rock, but im on new baby detail

however, i can lend out a portable 4KW honda generator if needed, in the event someone has a 110VAC wench that would be stronger then a 12VDC wench

R

Rock Star

Mar 29, 2008
Park City, Utah
Thanks ALL!

as I layed down to rest I just wanted to say.... I was counting my blessings for no one being hurt and for the sleds all still intact. Mosty I count my great friends here who are determined to have this be resolved asap.Thank you all. And the deputies who located us and flew us off the mountain at dark. man, we owe ya!!! Thanks 1000 times over! into my warm bed instead of a cold snowbank. :)

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
Doug I am gonna try and be there for ya, mamma works all night, not sure if I will be able to get away.

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
man sorry to hear i wish mine was runnin so i could help. me and 1 mex have had to leave ours on the mountain over night and we could of used more people. i hope you get enough people up there to help.

Premium Features