• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** new ** torque master iii 800 bottom-end

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
** New ** Torque Master 3 800 Bottom-End

Well folks just wanted to update everyone.

Indy specialty - indydan have been alittle busy around the shop.

Soon to be completed - i have designed a new 800 billet 33mm
pto-end.

This new crank will come with a 5 year warranty on the pto-end itself and will be absolutely indestructable.

The Torque Master 3 800 will come with a new cat drive clutch, for those people that have not seen the latest run of cat drive clutches........ These clutches are of a simlar design of the polaris drive clutch.

They are actually better & stronger then the polaris drive clutch. ( and simple to tune )

This designed has been proven & tested in the Torque Master 3 900.

All owners of previously purchased torque master 800's can update to this new 33mm billet pto-end at anytime at no-charge other then the going price of the new cat drive clutch at that time.

Not only is the pto-end much bigger it uses a ** ( smaller, shorter, stronger clutch bolt with less give when torquing. ) **

important to understand the magnitude of the combination
of a bigger 33mm end with a smaller bolt/puller hole............

The pto-end is close to twice as thick as the stock oem pto-end and i consider it indestructable.

I want to give a big thank you to all torque master customers of the past & the future.

It is my intention to build the most dependable polaris motors possible.

Thank you.

Dan

Last edited:

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
For the Old clutches......

I'm hoping you'll still be building cranks for Poo OEM clutches too, right?

Cowboy, As of right now I must say that I don't know...........if even one of the lastest runs breaks I will stoip building them, I will not tollerate an undependable crankshaft.

I have changed the process to shot peening and running the PTO-ends thru cryogenics to make them stronger yet.

Dan

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
All owners of previously purchased torque master 800's can update to this new 33mm billet pto-end at anytime at no-charge other then the going price of the new cat drive clutch at that time.

that offer is unheard of..... Dan are you feeling ok???

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Cranks

Dan:
Would it be possible to machine the Polaris clutch to fit your new end? I know you have reservations about cutomers using the wrong puller on the new end but you may be able to include a new bolt that is plated a differant color or something.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
questions..............

The Polaris drive clutch will not work.

Even if it is machined to fit ( which is no-problem ) the puller becomes a big problem.

Its a combined problem of the polaris bolt being to big, And the Cat I.D. to small............... A custom clutch bolt would have to be built and a custom puller............

To complex.

The cat clutch tunes very simlar to the Polaris clutch.

The 900's are stupid simple to tune. The 800 will be just as easy.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Dan, you know I'm a fan, but this is going to cause me some pain. I don't do Cat clutch work, no tools to disassemble (holding fixtures and the likes). So if this becomes the common fix I'll have to invest in that stuff I guess.

So right now, if I send you a customer's bottom end for repair can I still request the Polaris clutch end or do you just automatically do the Cat end?

sled_guy

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Dan, you know I'm a fan, but this is going to cause me some pain. I don't do Cat clutch work, no tools to disassemble (holding fixtures and the likes). So if this becomes the common fix I'll have to invest in that stuff I guess.

So right now, if I send you a customer's bottom end for repair can I still request the Polaris clutch end or do you just automatically do the Cat end?

sled_guy

LOL!!!!!! Dan........Remain calm. The Newer Cat drive clutch is very baisc
and simple to tune..........A Guy like you will have the cat clutch figured out in a matter of a few hours looking and examining.

The big difference with the two cat drive clutches is that the weight pin nut does not shoulder on the pin...........It actually tightens up against the clutch so if you over tighten it, It will pull the towers together and bind the clutch.............

They are lock nuts so they just get snugged ever so lightly.

They have two clutches -

One you can run either Cat or Polaris weights, Should you use polaris weights the pins must be lightly sanded with emery cloth ( put the weight pin in a drill and just touch the center with fine emery cloth till you get an equal fit to a polaris pin.

The other has a very cool lock pin style weight, This clutch you must run a cat weight.

Dan. I THINK I am going to sell both................But NOT sure just yet.

As far as another questions asked.............I am making some of the 33MM PTO_ends for the watercraft 1050/1200 Turbo guys also............ That will be this summer.

Twister ( Rob Sommer ) is getting a batch of the.

Justin you CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
As far as another questions asked.............I am making some of the 33MM PTO_ends for the watercraft 1050/1200 Turbo guys also............ That will be this summer.

Twister ( Rob Sommer ) is getting a batch of the.

Justin you CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!

You can sign my 700 up for next summer too!!! We(Rob and I) were talking about it other day when we were fitting the motor in.

You think that was funny..... Hopefully those ends come faster than our case of pistons.... :eek:

sorry..couldnt resist :beer;:beer; I am going to wait for the phone to ring and get a scolding from Rob for that comment.... :rolleyes:

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
33MM 800 PTO-End

Justin, Did Rob slap you yet ????;)

Here's a couple a pictures of the Complete New 800 33MM PTO-ENDS

I thought you two Clowns mightr want to see them.:D

The O.D. Is 3mm's Bigger, and the Clutch bolt diameter is smaller, The the Puller bore
is much shallower.

The Polaris 30mm OEM end is hollow all the way down to the inner bearing edge, Meaning its hollow almost the entire bearing area.

The New 33mm is solid almost the entire way under the bearings.

Attachments

• NEW 800 TM III PTO-END 003.jpg
    NEW 800 TM III PTO-END 003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 173
  • NEW 800 TM III PTO-END 004.jpg
    NEW 800 TM III PTO-END 004.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Premium Features