• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Better Kill switches, NOS switches

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
FYI...

I dont sell these nor am I affiliated with the company..

These are trick looking, come in colors and will not get accidentally bumped off

PayPal site..

http://www.omegapowersports.com/button.html

button_4pic.jpg

[/quote]

B
Dec 21, 2006
These are made for MX bikes. They are available from multiple companies with different names on them. My buddy had one on his XP, had to take it off because of contact issues. His sled would start to bog and then pick up intermitently. Ended up being the kill switch. I know that the conectors are waterproof but I do not believe that the switch itself is. Just my experience.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I know that the conectors are waterproof but I do not believe that the switch itself is. Just my experience.

From the website:

Here Are Some Additional Premium Features:

100% Water-Tight and Pressure-Washer Proof
Universal Pull-Proof Wiring
Lifetime Warranty
Corrosion Proof
Crash Proof
Roost Proof
Made in the USA
Vintage Engravings Available

Maybe ya'll had a defective one......I'm thinking "Pressure-washer proof" is a loosly defined term, but sounds good!?!

I use the old o-ring under the button deal, but when it's really cold out my sled just doesn't like to quit and I'm too chicken for juice..........
These sure look nice.

Bag

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
"roost" and "crash" proof huh?

Wonder what size bars these fit? and if they are normally open or closed curcuit???

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I still like to use a good Tether switch in combo with the kill switch... it give you the ability to have the extra margin of safety...

I like the Pro Design tether switch .

Lots of vendors for these on the web like Magic Racing and Dennis Kirk among others

56-3201.jpg

Here is a Pro Design (AKA Pro Armor) mounted to Punishers Turbo Dragon

DSC00717.jpg

Last edited:

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
These are made for MX bikes. They are available from multiple companies with different names on them. My buddy had one on his XP, had to take it off because of contact issues. His sled would start to bog and then pick up intermitently. Ended up being the kill switch. I know that the conectors are waterproof but I do not believe that the switch itself is. Just my experience.

Sounds like the problem was the method of connecting the wires. A good solder job with heat shrink tubing works great. We supply our push button kill switches with crimp on connectors that has heat shrink tubing built into them. It also releases an expoxy that seals the wires in the crimp when you heat up the connector to shrink the tubing. These connectors are made for under water wireing jobs.

We have the standard plastic style you find on the Assault or Dragon and we also cary the Omega Billet one. Both are in stock. PM me for a Snowest forum member discount code.

http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_30&products_id=217

http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_30&products_id=218

Thank you,
RSI
KS-1-LOW-INSTALL-LOW-RES.jpg

KS-B-BLK.jpg

A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho
I still like to use a good Tether switch in combo with the kill switch... it give you the ability to have the extra margin of safety...

I like the Pro Design tether switch .

Lots of vendors for these on the web like Magic Racing and Dennis Kirk among others

56-3201.jpg

Here is a Pro Design (AKA Pro Armor) mounted to Punishers Turbo Dragon

DSC00717.jpg

Looks like a sweet set-up. How well is the clip holding up and does anyone know if you can buy a replacement in case it breaks?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have been meaning to put up a post on those tethers. They look like a better design than the standard polaris /SLP type . I must have one of those kill switches too! I run sonthing similar now but its not nearly as trick as that ! Looks like another $ 100.00+ into the money pit!

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Looks like a sweet set-up. How well is the clip holding up and does anyone know if you can buy a replacement in case it breaks?

They are VERY durable, and you can get replacement tethers for them should you lose yours. After having one of them, (this after getting completely fed up with all the others) I will never go back to the other "cap" style ones. They are very well built, rugged, and as close to fail proof as a tether switch could possibly get within reason.

I never run a regular button kill switch any more, I put a billet throttle block on and use the Pro-Designs Tether just my preference.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
As far as nitrous or kill I have had problems with all of them at one point in time with cold or water. The Omega looks cool but have a friend that has had some ice building issues.

These switches are perfect for gloves easy to push and are very hard to see on your bars and are only about 1/4 inch thick and the best part 100% waterproof.

http://www.cpi-nj.com/momcon.htm

Premium Features