• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 900rmk wiring?

Jan 28, 2008
White SD
hey guys my buddy has a 05 900 rmk, the thing ran awesome and all of a sudden spuddered and died we could not get in started. there is no spark, the headlight won`t light up when you pull it over. is there some sort of wiring that we should check?

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
The headlight wont come on when pulling a CFI sled. It is controlled by the chassis relay which keeps power off till the system has good idle. Check fuel pressure. If it comes up well, within a couple pulls, it shows the alternator/charging/fuel pump are working decent.
After that it's best diagnosed by DigiWrench to check for sensor and 2X/5X stator coil malfunctions.
On an 05 check the ECU for corrosion down in the lower right corner (opposite the baro pressure sensor). It wouldn't be the first one attacked by road salt and such. Some of the components protrude through the sealer and are prime to let in moisture.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
If you haven't had it out, the bolt on the bottom of the stator requires removing the engine to remove that bottom bolt.

The new dragons don't even have that hole in there.

If you leave it out, you won't have to pull the engine again.

K

krat

Jul 30, 2008
Montreal, Qc, Canada
When replacing the recoil rope on my 05 900 rmk. I removed the cover's bottom bolt without removing the side wall. I used a pry-bar to lift the engine and had my wife to put the bolt

Premium Features