• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's the dumbest parking lot poser you've seen?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
For me it happened a couple of years ago when the GF and I were going for a spring ride.

We arrived early and no one else was there. When unloaded and about ready to go another
rig comes in with the tunes blasting and a couple of sleds on an open trailer. They jumped
out dropping the ramps and got busy unloading.

First guy started up sled and hit the throttle and sled would not move. Hit it couple more
times and belt smoke :p was just pouring out from under the hood. He then realized that he had
not taken off the tie down strap he had on the back. OK removed the strap now he must
have been pissed because he nailed the throttle and went flying off of the trailer. Well one
of the carbides must have hung on a rock as he no sooner hit the ground and the sled
stopped and he went flying over the bars landing on his back in the muck and rocks. :rolleyes:
Meanwhile other buddy is laughing his butt off getting his ready to unload. OK - the guy
in the mud gets up and stupidly looks around and finishes getting ready.

Second guy is a little more cautious in unloading and eases it off heading across the dirt and
up onto a snow bank that was pushed up by the lot plow during the winter. Well the bank is
much steeper than it looks and sled tips over almost pinning him and stops upside down with
throttle pinned open somehow and is now screaming like mad.

Second guy jumps up as other guy runs over run and they get it shut down before they flip it
over (the first intelligent thing they had done sense they pulled into the lot).

At this point I looked at the GF and stated “We are staying right here until they leave and
then we will check as to which way they are going and we will be going the other direction”.
We never saw them again for the rest of the day or anyone else for that matter. They must
have survived because their rig was gone when we got back.

I love spring riding.

I still smile to myself whenever I think of those parking lot posers.:face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 26, 2007
It can be comical to sit at unloading areas at watch people. At the Black Hills for example. They unload across from Trailshead and jump the snow piles that were pushed out of the parking area. They just continue to jump, and go out into where a trail comes out of the trees, and where everyone rides to cross the road..... and about casue how many accidents. Stop back at their trailor for 15 min and back at it.

And when you come back in for lunch or supper some are still there doing the same thing.

Seen one guy start his sled on the trailor, didn't let it warm up at all. Barley got it off the trailer. Got it on the ground, threw the sled on its side and floored it for about 1 min straight. Dropped it back on the skis, and looked at his buddies like "come on guys lets go" Eveyone unloading stopped and watched in AH

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
i have to chime in with a story that happens no fail every time i've been at trailshead. the countless idiots who think that the spot where the sleds cross the road is the entrance to the parking lot. every time i've been there i see somebody stuck with there super expensive rig in like 3 feet of snow on the beginning of the trails. anyone who has been there knows what i'm talking about.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
hahaha...mean like this guy? I yelled out the window just prior to this pic on way by and if I woulda waited one second you woulda seen the middle finger. :D I would say he didnt like the pic!
parkingposer.jpg

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
i have to chime in with a story that happens no fail every time i've been at trailshead. the countless idiots who think that the spot where the sleds cross the road is the entrance to the parking lot. every time i've been there i see somebody stuck with there super expensive rig in like 3 feet of snow on the beginning of the trails. anyone who has been there knows what i'm talking about.

Lmao, I see that happen at least 3 or 4 times a year, my favorite part of the whole Trailshead experience is the guys with every plastic add-one known to man on their sled and the loudest can possible racing back and forth in the parking lot while others are trying to unload their gear inches away from the "PLR", (parking lot racer), someday someones gonna get hurt bad. Some of these guys never leave the lot, I think their afraid of getting lost.

M
Nov 26, 2007
hahaha...mean like this guy? I yelled out the window just prior to this pic on way by and if I woulda waited one second you woulda seen the middle finger. :D I would say he didnt like the pic!
parkingposer.jpg

HAHA. Snowies right? Always entertaiment at the Snowies, watching people try to get off the road and onto that path:)

I have seen someone roll there sled down that hill. Unloaded flew up that little hill, hit a rock and down they came

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
for the longest time I can remember seeing...over and over and over...a green ZRT 121 shorty with a fricken straight pipe that always did doughnuts around the trucks and trailers a Lolo Hotpsrings. I saw him off and on for at least 4 years straight.
What a total weiner. Total PLP. Parking Lot Poser.

B

Blazer

Nov 28, 2007
Elko,NV
Rookie loading sled

My Favorite sceen and I see it every year, is the Rookie loading his/her brandnew sled on the deck or two place and ending up on the top of the truck or in the tailgate Sceaming profanites. LMAO everytime I think about it!!! That ones for you Keebler!

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
My favorite was a couple years ago. Blackfoot pride days water races, got there pretty early so we were just checking out all the sleds that were pulling in. Rig pulls in with a four place open. Music blaring, 3 or 4 guys and a couple girls get out and start getting ready to unload. All sleds are backwards and instead of pulling out the ramp they all just start right up and full throttle it off the back. Two sleds off no problem. Then the rowdy kid starts his sled up and without warming up just rails towards the back of the trailer. About 2 feet from the end 'SNAP!!!!!!' Guy forgot to unhook the tiedown on the back of the sled and it finally sinched right before he went off the end. Put him right into the handlebars and almost slowed him enough to endo right off the back of the trailer. You could still see his ego skidding down the parking lot for most of the day. Good times

G
May 29, 2008
shadow of the cascades
Here's one for ya. Last year the boys and i are unloading at the sno park when the biggest desiel bad boy truck you ever saw pulled in. The two place open trailer had 2 brand new D8's on it. After about 10 minutes of trying to back his trailer up strait, he finally gave up and just parked it where it was. And to all our amazement a guy about 5'2" 110# jumps down out of this monstrosity:eek: With his GF still in the truck he proceeds to unstrap his sleds and then walked over to our group and says " can one of you guys help me unload my sleds":eek::eek: After watching what we just saw i said " dude you should just pack it up and go home". Needless to say we didnt help him and his truck was gone when we got back to the park:D

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
I saw a guy stuck at stampede pass wa parking lot in a new- f250 and a guy on a thunder cat with a rope to pull him we stoped to watch :confused: and the t cat nailed the throttle and threw rock on the truck broke the winsheid and the grill,radiator and ac condensor:eek: I am not sure witch was worse that or the fact that there was 50 4x4 trucks in the snow park

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
oh PLP's, i havent seen anyone too cool around us, our parking lot is always a sheet of ice, so i do enjoy spinning around on it, but man, seen some pretty dumb people out there. oh well, we cant all be great can we.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I have seen too many of them to just narrow it down to one or two. I do enjoy getting back to Togwotee or Cooke City about 1/2 hour before dark and watch the games begin. It's even funnier in the morning as those same guys are usually cruising around the cabins 9-10 times all stading up looking around for eye contact with other people. It's priceless, especially once you point it out to other people and they start watching the procedings!

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Stuck on a sign

A "friend of a friend" went along with us on a weekend trip to Island Park. He is quite a bit younger than the rest of us and must have been trying to impress some people. Shortly after fueling up at the gas station he decided to do his best Dan Davidoff impression and climb a 25 foot mountain of snow. Of course he got stuck at the top. Unfortunately it was on top of a sign that said Sinclair on it in the parking lot of the gas station. I was so embarrassed I just drove off.

Premium Features