• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skags on trailer floor.

C
Dec 17, 2011
I have the grey in my trailer. NO scratches or any marks at all have had it 1 season. Have heard a new set of carbides will scratch it a little..:face-icon-small-dis

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
the stuff works great but a brand new set of carbides can/will scratch or cut it. If your loading new sleds into it just run'em across the parking lot and knock that sharp edge off. Eric

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
That nudo stuff is the real deal. I got some free samples to check it out. What is everyone paying per sheet for this stuff?

C
Oct 25, 2014
Caliber glides

I'm new to this post and new to snowmobiles. Just bought my first one Arctic Cat, Bearcat 2000 LT. Has 8 inch skies, So just wondering will 6 inch glides made by Caliber do the trick for the floor and the aluminum tail gate. They come in 5 foot lengths. I figure I can place 2 on the aluminum ramp tail gate, and place 2 or 4 on each side. Right now I have rubber door mats on the trailer floor where the RTV sat. I'm hoping with snow on them it will be enough so that I can place up front one 5 foot length on each side so the skis will stay in place. Worst case scenario, purchase 2 more 5 foot lengths to line the full 10 foot trailer.

Sorry for the long post, hope I got my question across.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I have that stuff in my Feaherlite and it works great. There are faint marks in it from the carbides but I could care less. It doesn't penetrate below the hard rubber coating to the plywood. If you're going to go through the trouble of putting ski boots on then I wouldn't do it. The stuff's expensive.

D

Dooitinct

Dec 7, 2014
Flooring

I have an ATC 28', same floor. I opted for installing guides and matts. The floor will cut with carbides, I run wood Doolies here on the east coast, and they will cut the floor. Better play it safe, the floor will last forever being covered on both top and bottom.

Good luck.. Jeff

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Why even run carbides?

I have been using hard weld runners for the last 4 years. I see zero reason to run carbides when mountain riding.

Here in the Cascades we have a lot higher water content in the snow. It doesn't take too much of a frozen situation to create some hazardous conditions getting to the powder. I used to run just the regular wear bars because I was poor. Now, I like the predictability on all riding surfaces so I run the carbides.

I used a 2 part floor epoxy on my trailer and it has held up pretty good in 7 years. I do use the Superglide ramp guides though so I don't fall down on a slick ramp.

Premium Features