• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big john big bore kit?

B
Sep 15, 2010
I am looking at purchacing a 2007 rev 800 with a big john kit in it and was wanting any info i could get on dependability, hp, ect thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I did a search...and only came up with his diesel injection kit for mid triples. :) (thanks for reminding me BC).

T
Nov 30, 2007
If you are talking about the 840HO for the old series III 800...I would highly recommend it...I only have limited seat time with the 860R although it seems to work every bit as good. I put over 5000 hard ontario miles on my 840HO and although it was way worse on fuel than stock it never missed a beat and had awesome bottom end torque and midrange. Honestly to this point the funnest motor I have ever had the pleasure of owning. You can ask my buddies it gave them all fits (and still does on its second owner of my friends and still going) until I came clean about it. LOL!! Get the sleeper kit and keep your mouth shut and see what everyone's face looks like after you spank them all over the hill. MIne also had the 800R airboxes and the AAEN pipe which I would highly recommend. I'm guessing low 160's for real world horsepower. Could probably scare more out of it on the dyno but it wouldn't be safe.

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
I did a search...and only came up with his diesel injection kit for mid triples. :) (thanks for reminding me BC).

LMAO, I do what I can. Remember how he blamed it on his poor kid? HAHAHA.

Oh and to add to the thread, I've ridden with the 840's & 860's- best running Doo's you'll see around. Should be a pile of info on here.

D

DaFrankster

Jan 4, 2009
If I had a "DOO..."

I'd most definitely buy a Big-John big-bore kit. I've ridden with B.J. a few times and he definitely knows how to get the most out of a DOO motor. The triple he was riding at the time was impressive to say the least.

Good fellow...good products. Give him a buzz and have a chat...you won't be sorry.

DaFrankster : )

D

dynotechjim

Nov 26, 2007
Batavia, NY
www.dynotechresearch.com
A Big John big bore SkiDoo 800 had best E.T. in the 800-900 "trailmod" pump gas class at last year's AmSnow/ DTR Adirondack Shootout--a great accomplishment considering very powerful sleds from D&D, Crankshop and Dynoport were entered in that class (I previously dyno tested those three sleds).

Premium Features