• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What does code ccu mean

C
Dec 14, 2007
Got this code today seen it flashing so I shut sled down fired it back up worked fine.What does it mean it dont say nothing in the manual what it is..Its a 08 c/f 1000.

W

woodies

should be a sticker under the hood either on belt cover or air box telling you code flashes and what they mean maybe, else where look around and then you need to remember flashes sounds like a over heat my 2 cents

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
chassis control unit

Tell me what code it was flashing.

Sometimes it act's like your vehicle's check engine light...and just needs to be reset.. but I bet you will see it again in about 2-3 rides depending on how you were riding your sled when you tripped a code.:clock:

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
ccu is the chassis controll unit... could be indicating a short in the accessory wiring ex. headlight,guages,hand/thumb warmers...check your wiring seems to be a weak point on these sleds. Some people are getting the wiring harnesses replaced it sounds like.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I got this CCU flashing yesturday. Found the problem!

The plug for the handle bar controls (behind the steering post triangle plate) had water in the plug and shorted it out. Melted a couple of the wires coming out to the CCU. Scary right close to the gas tank!

C
Dec 14, 2007
Just hooked up my egts the other day to the acc plug the gauges go out every 10 miles or so turn the gauges back on way you go again maybe there is a short somewhere in that plug.

Premium Features