• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Engines Made in Mexico

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
The new snotech Magazine says Polaris will be moving there engine manufacturing plant to Mexico. To bad they couldnt stay and support the american worker. I cant imagine quality will be that good but Polaris engines havent been known for quality for sometimes anyways.

I think ford employes quite a bit of people in mexico. Why don't you ***** about that too?

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Dont get upset, I just think it sucks, but if your proud to support the mexican workforce then go ahead.

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Dont get upset, I just think it sucks, but if your proud to support the mexican workforce then go ahead.

I'm not, but it has become a fact of life. Because of the way our governement was designed, it left us open to an unlimited amount of regulations, even though our founding fauthers obviosly didn't want much regulations. NOW, we have so many taxes and regulations on buisnesses, quality control, insurance, and workers rights, that it has become much cheaper to pay some one in mexico, or japan, hell even canada.

It comes down to this, would you rather have a job with less regulations to protect you, or no job at all. Ask detroit and see what they say.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Can't be any worse than that labor union quality we've all grown so accustomed to :rolleyes:

Thank you Obamacae! :rolleyes:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
im actually pretty sure there quality might improve because of this, I doubt it could get worse...

whats the worst that will happen, only a few will burn down now??

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
im actually pretty sure there quality might improve because of this, I doubt it could get worse...

whats the worst that will happen, only a few will burn down now??

lol.... I can't say he is wrong. my d8 burnt down 3 times....then literaly cought on fire. :face-icon-small-hap Thank god for extended warranties:amen:

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
My fusion burned to the ground. i know i know your all shocked and dont believe me but i swear it did....I was waiting for goverment motors to move some work out of the country as well to help with the production of all the green vehicles they are going to produce that no one in this country wants to drive. I cant wait for my prius to get out of the shop from getting the tow hitch put on it so i can tow my four placed inclosed out west. itll be fun watch for me.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
You want to point fingers, start with the totally screwed up expectations most of our labor unions have worked so diligently to put into place and forced on us........for our own good of course. God help the poor employer who would expect all employees to give their best and if that trade isn't their calling, move on. No, once they're hired they gotta stay cause of their rights. Now, if they totally screw up or are just lazy....well, we gotta give em another 20 or so friggen chances or move em around and inflict them on a productive section so their shortcomings can be hidden by the extra effort of good employees. And god forbid, they are a minority or their daddy or mommie touched their peepees when they were little, or marital stress (sort of can't imagine marrige without it LOL )....well, now they should get some down time, counselling and light duty, full pay of course.
Now , lets try and figure out why they and so many other "for profit companies " ...their profit that means, are moving to less restricted areas....gosh, hard to figure.

And before you start, I already know...the loudest responders will probably be the shop steward types or the bleeding heart types who think there should be no losers and we're all winners everytime etc (barf) etc (puke)..
Well spare me, been there , seen that, doesn't work, won't work tomorrow.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
I agree many of the workers in this country dont deserve the job or pay there receiving. Sometimes were out own worst enemy. And i know there are several countries that build elsewhere. Its just a shame that we as a nation cant get our **** together. Guess i shouldnt point fingers so directley at Polaris only.

Headin to cooke everyone have a great new years

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Lets see, in America union guy makes mistake working on motor while drunk and stoned (see gm video on union workers at lunch break..jesus) and gets 2 weeks off with pay then back to work same old deal.....OR overseas worker who is insanely grateful for his job and if he makes a mistake he gets fired and his family starves to death....ummmm who do you think is more careful putting stuff togeather?? Very sad state our country has come to. :rant::rant::rant:

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i wonder if any of the layed off non union workers will go out,buy a polaris and help support mexican workers.?i dought it.more like some will loose their houses and go hungry untill they can find work.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I agree, its a crappy spot for some working folks, but reality that we lost sight of is that the company that does the hiring and the paying, will always have the right to stop doing that. If they can't create the profit they believe is warranted by their risk and exposure, they'll make the changes that they believe are warranted to accomplish that. So would you. A lot of these companies tryed pretty hard to make it work cause there is always some loyalty to our roots, but WE screwed it up by allowing unions (who I know had their place at one time) who's true goal was to become profit centers with far greater earning capacity than most of the business's they infected, under the guise of workers rights. Its gotta change or Polaris won't be the last by a long shot. You're a skud guy, you think BRP isn't outsourcing a pile of their components now, and how many government bailouts were necessary )nice option to have by the way) because of some of the ridiculous demands of the union.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Can one of the moderators just make this thread re-occur every week? Because someone posts this weekley without searching to see all the other dicussions on it. There was a great post from mountainhorse and others.

D
Jan 2, 2011
I really like what a lot of you have to say about all of this as I agree in pretty much every way! I work for one of those Union Companies and there are a lot of people that should be fired but the Union protects them. Our government is also to blame with all of the taxes that have piled on. One thing I want all of you to ask yourselves is how much do you do to keep industry in this country? Do you look at the back of the package and see if it is made in the USA? Some things you can not find made in the USA but there are a lot of things you can if you look for it. I am not great at it myself but I am trying to look at all things I buy now.

D

Disco Dan Richter

Nov 27, 2007
Me no snow ta
www.grandgarages.com
If this is what Polaris wants, than I have no plans on buying anything Polaris. It's time these companies stood up and fought together against these corrupt government Policies. The main reason companies move out of country is nothing more than taxes and asessments and environmentaly unfair practices brought on by the governments. It costs more for a company to build a plant here then anywhere, the permits here are just stupid expensive. It is the government that dictates this.
If you vote for more government you are the problem, it starts on a local level, works up to county, then state and to the top, where the top controls it all.(see Arizona immigration law)
The labor force is nothing compared to the other fee's imposed to a corporation, and I HATE LABOR UNIONS! The Polaris employee's dont make a lot of money to start anyways, so there has to be another problem.
When GM and Crystler were bought out by us the taxpayer, and then given to the UAW, my vehicle buying decision was made, I will never own a vehicle from either of them again(new I mean), I will now buy Ford. I know they have plants in other countries, but I am not blaming them for having to do that due to the government forcing them to.
I was thinking of buying a Polaris Rush for trail riding, I will now re-consider. I will of course, look into the matter first before making a total decision based on Snowest reports.

Premium Features