• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 1000th post I'm going to post boobies (a nice pair at that)

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
Yup that's right everything you wanted to know about them :D what else did ya think

booby-b.jpg

booby.jpg

The Booby, a type of seabird, is part of the family Sulidae and the genus Sula. It is closely related to the gannets (Morus), which were often included in Sula in former times.

Boobies are large birds, with long pointed wings and long bills. They hunt fish, by diving from a height into the sea and pursuing their prey underwater. Facial air sacs, under their skin, cushion the impact with the water. Boobies are colonial breeders on islands and coasts. They normally lay one or more chalky-blue eggs, on the ground or sometimes in a tree nest

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've got a blue footed boobie on my wall. I think they are cool birds. How the heck do they have such blue feet?

BTW, there is also a brown footed booby also.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I've got a blue footed boobie on my wall. I think they are cool birds. How the heck do they have such blue feet?

Ice Cubes in the wading pool:eek:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho

Looks like the quality of there food might be part of it

The investigators reported that males' foot color became duller after only 48 hours without food. The feet quickly regained their original brightness once feeding resumed, confirming the notion that foot color signals good health

G

Gimpster

Kind of makes you wonder what color their schvinkter is

Edit:

Walking around with blue nuggits all day would be no fair

----- Gimpster -----

Premium Features