• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gloves.

S

skidoo1210

May 24, 2009
Worthing, SD
I have been looking for a good pair of gloves for years. Every pair I have tried is soaked wet after after digging out once. Lately have been bringing a pair of neopreme gloves to.wear while digging out but that's getting old. Looking for something that will stay dry and warm all day. Sorry if this has been brought up before.
Thanks for all advice.

P

polaris6

Jan 4, 2004
I wear Klim element long, and Klim fusion dual for cold and both are guaranteed to keep u dry! Love them both

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Doesn't matter what gloves you buy, you need to get some waterproofing wax and melt it in with a hairdryer. I really like my motor fist gloves, the group had a ton of stucks today and still nice and dry.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
this probably wont work for a majority of the people(especially those with poor circulation), but all I ever wear is a pair of underarmor gloves like these http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=131_560&products_id=9837 Then if its cooler out I turn the handwarmers on. If its below 0 I put on other gloves, or if I dig someone out and sit for awhile I put other ones on just because they do get wet easily, but usually if I dig someone out and go right away with the handwarmers on they dry fast enough they don't get too cold.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
My favorite pair of gloves ever is a pair of MSR Cold Pro II.
They are made for cold weather motocross riding. They are made with an insulated inner, a water proof liner and a neoprene kind of outer liner.
I have never had my hands get cold or wet in them.
I keep em as my backups now as i have gone to a smaller thinner race type glove a couple years ago.
They aren't worth a crap when it's cold or for digging but they are nice for riding.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Fly racing has gloves that are great for riding and digging. I got 2 pair from Winterbrew on here. Lots of fresh digging yesterday and didn't get cold. They are a lot like the klim xcross over at less than half the price. Rode with the first pair from 0930-3:30 ish before swapping to a fresh dry pair. Took to long of a lunch in the gusty wind and snow.

Contact Winterbrew. He can hook you up.

D
Jan 2, 2008
n45.38w116.18
i start with the klim moto type gloves then as they get wet i change out to one of the other 5 pairs i have on me. they range from moto type gloves to big ski type glove with everything in between.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
dri gloves

rode in the rain and sleet yesterday.

started with pair of KLIM, wet by 10, anyway two pairs of KLIMS and finger seams gone to hell in a couple of rides, thought they might be as good as all my KLIM clothing..........not even close

11 am put on a pair of REIMA's, 10 years old, GORETEX shot, toughest glove I have ever owned, look new but soaked, treated with camp dri .

Noon, Pair of fairly new Polaris Gore Tex bone dry for 25 mile ride back to the truck, just a little bulky.

bought underhood mesh bag for my M to keep a warm dri pair of gloves at ready, pulled them out, hot water running out of them...........? water coming down through hood louvers.

Today, sunshine, wore my favorite ancient Reima's for 50 miles of tough riding, and was carefull not to wear them when digging out buried riders from mongo drifts.

wish someone would post the ulitmate dri glove.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
True North Adventure Gear has the absolute best gloves I've found. I like to spray the outer layer with a waterproofing agent, as it helps keep the material dry and ice balls from forming on the fingers. I've never gotten wet nor cold hands, and I wear the thinnest ones I can. I prefer the gauntlet gloves because it keeps the wind out of the sleeves of my jacket.

M
Nov 13, 2010
Yesterday we rode in some deep wet snow.... and it snowed/rained all day. Not one of us came back to the trucks dry. Some were in Klim, some motorfist, and Cat gear. Only so much that they can handle. I think the only way is to have a spare (and keep it in a water proof bag.... my spare gloves were wet in my backpack before i ever put them on)

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Yesterday we rode in some deep wet snow.... and it snowed/rained all day. Not one of us came back to the trucks dry. Some were in Klim, some motorfist, and Cat gear. Only so much that they can handle. I think the only way is to have a spare (and keep it in a water proof bag.... my spare gloves were wet in my backpack before i ever put them on)

My first aid kit
Spare wool socks
Spare gloves
Tools. Dikes and zipties.
Flint and all fire starters
Goggles

Are all kept in separate Ziploc storage bags in my pack. It seems more organized that way rather than rummaging through my pack for some thing while setting stuff on the seat,tunnel,tank wherever while its snowing or raining. It's getting wet.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
Same here, rode saturday in wet heavy deep snow. A couple stucks, could wring out gloves no matter what brand. Just carry plenty of extras.

Premium Features