• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 switchback assault for the gf? Thoughts

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
So I have been tossing the idea around about buying a sled for the gf to ride and be my back up sled. I've been looking for a 600 for her since she is relatively in experienced and frankly scares me sometimes when she rides either my pro 800 or the brothers SB 800

I would like something with a little bit of track under it, and she rides more hard snow conditions so I was leaning towards the SB 600

I've been in contact withy dealer on this for a while since I was ready to purchase the first good used 600 they took in for her

They just emailed me with a 2014 600 SB assault with 190 miles for $3500 cheaper than the hold over 600 SB they have in a crate. Both are electric start models

I haven't seen either of these 2 units yet but at 190 miles the one is still new anyhow

Thoughts on the sled for a girlfriends first sled?

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
Go with the 14. You can at least get your money back out of it when she decides she doesn't like riding or like you anymore.

PRO RMK 800

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
got my wife the 600 s/b assault 144 last year and she loves it , wider seat and boards plus the nice shocks make it a nice ride for her plus we got the taller lug track, i have rode it a couple times and the 600 will surprise you , nice unit

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I used to own an SB 800. It's still in the family actually and my girlfriend has run it a few times and liked it so the 2014 SB with 190 miles is likely the way I'll go. It's got ES as well so she can start it easily

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i was in the same exact position as you are. it sounds like my wife has about the same riding skills as yours does. i looked at quite a few sleds. i didnt want to spend 10 grand on something that she is only going to use a little bit. on the other hand, i didnt want to spend 2500 on something i would have to work on constantly when we should be out riding. so, i gave myself a budget of 7000 and started looking. i am not polaris guy, but i wouldnt call myself brand loyal either......so i considered all options. i ended up with a 2012 600 rmk pro 155'' with 700 miles for under my 7000 budget. she likes sitting on it better than she likes my xm skidoo (i know its just sitting on it, but you know how women are). it has scratchers and a tunnel bag, so it has pretty much all she needs haha. the only thing im scared of is the sled being so narrow compared to what she is used to (an old M7 with a 42'' wide stance). thats where the SB assault would be a little more stable.

but to get to your question, i guess it comes down to what you want to spend. if the new one is in your budget range, i say why not? but then, most sleds with 200 miles on them should be in "like new" condition too.

Premium Features