• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 RMK Dash Not Working.

T
Feb 7, 2012
So today during a fire up the dash on my pro went out and never came back on again. Under the hood checked connections unplugged and re plugged with no luck.....headlights have worked the whole time though...hi/low beam all good......The dash though is this a common issue or anyone have a fix?

Last edited:

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
check the relay, it should be on the overstructure.. I can't remember if it affects the lights or not but it does control the dash

dttrusko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI
So this has me pretty confused.. Replaced relay, visibly checked harness, took connector apart and checked connections (haven't went through individual pins on hood connector with multimeter), tried a friends hood/dash that still didn't work and there is no code in digital wrench. Anyone have any insight??

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
So this has me pretty confused.. Replaced relay, visibly checked harness, took connector apart and checked connections (haven't went through individual pins on hood connector with multimeter), tried a friends hood/dash that still didn't work and there is no code in digital wrench. Anyone have any insight??

You most likely have a broken wire, probably the red/white one just below the relay that supplies the relay. The red/white feeds the relay which then powers the gauge. This wire is woven through the harness making it prone to breaking.

I had this issue on a 12 RMK that had high miles. I replaced every electrical component on the sled other than ECU and main wire harness, by the advice of the local dealer which was cheap.....:face-icon-small-fro only to find the issue still present. I powered the gauge via the DC power up point and the gauge operated normally. The DC plug bypass the normal wiring path and the relay. I removed the sheathing by the relay and found the red/white wire broken, I rerouted it and made a repair gauge is back to normal.Apparently this was a 12 issue only, looked at a 13, no issue, same with the 11.

Last edited:

dttrusko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI
Thanks for the write up, dug into the harness, couldn't find any issues. Guy at the auto parts store sold me the wrong relay :face-icon-small-fro. Everything is working now.

Premium Features