• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attention Polaris: In-House Polaris Tech in Training PIC HEAVY

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This girl has been a freak for wanting to wrench on sleds since she started walking and talking. She's been on here before doing a Fix Kit in a Dragon. She's helped with a couple of Fix Kit's in Pro-RMK's and all kinds of other sled work. She always wants to do more than she's really capable of.

Here she is changing out a set of A-Arms and a set of Fox Float Evol's on my sled this summer. Pics below this was her doing a teardown of a CFI-4 for a Fix Kit a few years ago. She always wears eye protection when using the impact. On the tight stuff, I will break the bolts loose and she will remove. She's way more capable than what you see.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She knows that she is required to always use a torque wrench. And we only use Snap-On
picture.php

picture.php

She had to go get a snack before we could take a pic of the other side finished
picture.php

This was 2 years ago doing a teardown for on a CFI-4
DSCF2171.jpg

DSCF2167.jpg

DSCF2170.jpg

DSCF2172.jpg

DSCF2173.jpg

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Fantastic. Great to see kids getting involved!! :clap2:

My 11 year old is just as interested in turning a wrench and riding his Mom's Pro 600.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Pretty cute. Best way to teach common sense IMO is to give a kid a task with wrenches.
"Just have to be smarter than the nut son".

Be careful though. I found my son "helping" me even when I was at work. Had to teach him that clutches don't need grease one day lol.
My cure for that short period of time was to auger a hole in the pond and set him up with his ice fishin' rod. Never did catch one of those Koi lol but gave it the ol' college try for awhile.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
That's awesome! My 4 year old is the same way. She's got her own safety glasses and digs right in, helping wherever she can. It takes twice as long to get the job done, but it's quality bonding time.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Are those standard issue wrenching clothes at Polaris I wonder...pink PJ's?

Sometimes based on the way my new sleds are assembled when received from MN, I can imagine a 45 year old man wearing pink pajamas putting my sled together:face-icon-small-hap

hahaha

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
I love wrenchin with my little girl. She can't do a whole lot yet at 2, but she's super interested and definatly loves helpin Daddy.

I May be creating a monster but as long as shes having fun its all good.

Jay's iPhone 037.jpg Jay's iPhone 055.jpg Jay's iPhone 049.jpg Jay's iPhone 024.jpg Jay's iPhone 009.jpg Jay's iPhone 906.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
AWESOME!

my 3 yr old girl wants to work on everything im working on. its so much fun. hopefully her little brother is the same way. onyl 8 months old so we'll see in a couple years :)

Premium Features