• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gears or drivers?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
to gear down a 2013 plus pro with the QD
C3 kit is $850 cnd
Kurts $830 cnd

avid 7 tooth drivers, with anti stab around $400-450 cnd

positive about drivers is your speedo and odo are kept stock as well as you can run your track looser as well as almost half the price.

what do you think?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I went C3 24/54 but I was blowing stock QD belts (3 in less then 500 miles) and @ $260 a belt it didn't take long to save some $$$. I have 1 1/2 seasons on the same C3 belt.

i would go the c3 route over the kurts being that i can change ratios with a single gear, where kurts i would be stuck with one and for some strange reason they are almost the same price up here.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
C3 kit is $850 cnd
Kurts $830 cnd

positive about drivers is your speedo and odo are kept stock as well as you can run your track looser as well as almost half the price.

what do you think?

Since the speed sensor pick-up is the brake rotor, your speedo will not be accurate if you change drivers.

Have you looked at the TKI kit?

Unless you were for sure going to go with a 3.0 pitch track at some point, then I would go with the TKI or C3 kit.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Since the speed sensor pick-up is the brake rotor, your speedo will not be accurate if you change drivers.

Have you looked at the TKI kit?

Unless you were for sure going to go with a 3.0 pitch track at some point, then I would go with the TKI or C3 kit.

2 of the guys i ride with have it, i just checked his site and its less money than i thought it was. about $770 cnd without shipping and duty.....hmmmm almost same as c3....

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
LoudHandle on this forum sells the "plug and play speedhealer" for correcting your speedo/odometer when using different drivers, just an fyi.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Food for thought!! I was smoking up a hill last season beside a fella who had 7- tooth drivers and anti-stab, it stabbed it anyway, he went from 60 to 0 in about 10' and puked his track out the back of the sled. Hmmm!!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Food for thought!! I was smoking up a hill last season beside a fella who had 7- tooth drivers and anti-stab, it stabbed it anyway, he went from 60 to 0 in about 10' and puked his track out the back of the sled. Hmmm!!

How in the hell did that happen? Did he not cut his rails? Should be impossible to stab with an anti stab.....

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Loose tracks... not good.

C3 kit is $850 cnd
Kurts $830 cnd

what do you think?

Loose tracks = Lower performance... Tracks need to be tensioned to proper specs.

I've run 7 tooth drivers on all my sleds in the last 10 years... no issues... some of them with 3"-pitch and NO anti stab kit... I prefer the Anti Stab though.

7 tooth will give you

Wow...The Avid Drivers are double the cost as down here? (cost in USA... $129 each, anti stab... $100... shipping and customs cant be huge, )
Why so much??
AVID 7 TOOTH DRIVERS

OUCH!!

What year and model of sled... what track... what tension was he running???

I have seen stabbed tracks on sleds... the culprit in those cases that I saw was always the owner running the track loose because they felt it "will free up hp" ... I have yet to see a properly tensioned track stab.

Polaris IQ racers run Combo drivers and no track stabbing issues abound.
Arctic cat runs combo drivers and no track stabbing issues abound. (at least not since they fixed the early M's poor suspension geometry).
Ski Doo runs combo drivers and no track stabbing issues abound.

All of this IF PROPERLY tensioned.

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007

I'll bet dollars to donuts that he broke his single limiter strap first. I personally run two. Just a little insurance.

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
I talked to Kirk at the Sled Show in SLC Saturday on he's kit. Has a heavy duty belt with the kit. Could all of you who has geared down 2.42 from 2.1 comment on the difference. Track speed on the hills, on the flat? Clutch changes? etc.

Thanks in advance.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i have heard that kurts 2.31 kit needs some work done to your sled..... you need a VEI belt drive cover (comes with kit) and you need to cut your belly pan for gear clearance. Not just bolt on like the 2.41 kit

Premium Features