• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TSS bypass on a 14 pro

S

scrubz

Sep 23, 2011
Kelowna B.C.
Has anyone installed a billet throttle block on the 13-14 pro. I found some write-ups on the 11-12s but I looked on the polaris website and the 14 seem to be different then the 11-12?

L

Lefty

Apr 26, 2008
Teton Valley
My 14 was same as my 11,12&13's Pull switch out of block, cut scotch tape. When open remove plunger, spring & little gold contact ball. Reseal & leave under hood. INSTALL Tether! Exercise throttle before every start. Most important, wear the the tether....

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
There is a thread on here that details what and how.

However the more responsible forum Members caution against defeating a safety feature.

A search should locate it. I did not save it, but I remember reading it, taking notes and ordering the resistors and connectors necessary to do what you are inquiring about.

I will be running the Polaris two piece billet mount with the Patrick Custom Carbon.... Carbon Fiber and Kevlar flipper.

I also round all the exposed corners and further lighten the Billet block. There are far cheaper billet blocks, but I like the Polaris for my needs.

To help your searching it was after the release if the '13, so late 2012 early 2013.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
S

scrubz

Sep 23, 2011
Kelowna B.C.
Thanks guys and I'm already running a tether. I would like to keep the switch but the block I have does not have a spot for the switch. I did some looking and couldn't find the Polaris billet two piece you are talkin LH? Any info on that would be sweet.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Thanks guys and I'm already running a tether. I would like to keep the switch but the block I have does not have a spot for the switch. I did some looking and couldn't find the Polaris billet two piece you are talkin LH? Any info on that would be sweet.

The Polaris Billet is the one from the race sleds, the PROX and the IQR used the same one for many years. The part number is different for like '01-'02 but I have never noticed a difference between the two.

Part number #2010313 is the whole assembly (with flipper) MSRP $194.99

or

Part number #5133636 for the rear half MSRP $56.99
Part number #5133639 for the front half MSRP $64.99

I think RSI has one machined to accept the TSS but they never seem to be able to keep them in stock, so a lot of us resorted to either taping the switch closed and stuffing it inside the hood or bypassing with the correct ohm resistor.

Last edited:
B
Nov 2, 2009
Resistors

I removed the TSS on my 2013, I took out the switch and measured the resistance across the switch, bought a plug from corsa and made a resistor loop - works great..... I don't remember the resistance, might be a previous thread here or at snow n mud I posted it I think..

But nevertheless, measure it n build it!!!

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I run the IQR throttle block as well. I ziptie the TSS button closed and and then stuff it in the harness connector bag under the hood. Easy way to do it and if you want to go back to stock, you can.

Premium Features