• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IF YOU KNOW OF GREAT DEALS ON NEW HOLDOVER 2014 PRO's/RMK's... POST EM UP HERE.

M
Feb 12, 2009
Preston, Id 2014 Pro 800 155 $9091 OTD. Action motorsports in Idaho falls
will match that price on 155. Action Motorsports 2014 Pro 800 163 $ 9495 OTD.
There is a new 163 in my garage today.:face-icon-small-win

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
2015 RMK 800 LE $10600 OTD plus tax no QD to worry about no overheating and no carbon fiber junk better shocks. Should've spring ordered :)

O
Dec 6, 2007
2015 RMK 800 LE $10600 OTD plus tax no QD to worry about no overheating and no carbon fiber junk better shocks. Should've spring ordered :)

If you have been riding a sled with QD, you will probably miss the responsiveness going back to a chaincase. QD problems were solved for '14, I doubt the '15 has QD problems.

If you ride where there is SNOW, overheating is not a problem. If you are riding it in Wisconsin, maybe you need a trail sled.

Carbom fiber junk.... well son, that is the way of the future. I happen to think using CF in sleds is an awesome idea. Strong and light, mountain sleds are the perfect application. Ten years ago, I was running Fabcraft CF trailing arms on my Edge, today CF comes stock. Yeah, that stuff is junk alright.

You can't get GOOD shocks on a Poo from the factory. Fitting resevoirs to junk shocks means you have junk shocks with heavier but cool looking resevoirs, congrats!

I love you guys that want to back date your Pro's, seriously?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If you have been riding a sled with QD, you will probably miss the responsiveness going back to a chaincase. QD problems were solved for '14, I doubt the '15 has QD problems.

If you ride where there is SNOW, overheating is not a problem. If you are riding it in Wisconsin, maybe you need a trail sled.

Carbom fiber junk.... well son, that is the way of the future. I happen to think using CF in sleds is an awesome idea. Strong and light, mountain sleds are the perfect application. Ten years ago, I was running Fabcraft CF trailing arms on my Edge, today CF comes stock. Yeah, that stuff is junk alright.

You can't get GOOD shocks on a Poo from the factory. Fitting resevoirs to junk shocks means you have junk shocks with heavier but cool looking resevoirs, congrats!

I love you guys that want to back date your Pro's, seriously?
Most people have to ride a few miles (ATLEAST) of trail to get to the good stuff, and thats just the way it is, the pro gets hot on the trail and you can't deny that.

CF has got its place in sleds... the rear bumper is not it. And quite honestly, I don't think that carbon fiber belongs on factory sleds, they are never going to be able to add enough CF to a factory sled to make a worthwhile difference in weight, without prices becoming astronomical. From what I have seen/heard the only thing CF has done for the pro is sacrifice reliability... maybe shed a little weight- oz. at best I would think. Visual appeal is 90% of the reason polaris puts CF on their sleds.

To think that CF is the way of the future is wishful thinking in my mind, its just not practical for most people, some yes, but polaris is not trying to target "some" people, they are shooting for the masses. I think sleds are gonna progress and lose weight and gain strength in other, cheaper ways . CF belongs in the aftermarket setting.

I think the new shock options are a good thing... no they probably aren't the greatest shocks on the planet, but it is progress, and as a free upgrade on snow checks, I think it is something to get excited about.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Most people have to ride a few miles (ATLEAST) of trail to get to the good stuff, and thats just the way it is, the pro gets hot on the trail and you can't deny that.

CF has got its place in sleds... the rear bumper is not it. And quite honestly, I don't think that carbon fiber belongs on factory sleds, they are never going to be able to add enough CF to a factory sled to make a worthwhile difference in weight, without prices becoming astronomical. From what I have seen/heard the only thing CF has done for the pro is sacrifice reliability... maybe shed a little weight- oz. at best I would think. Visual appeal is 90% of the reason polaris puts CF on their sleds.

To think that CF is the way of the future is wishful thinking in my mind, its just not practical for most people, some yes, but polaris is not trying to target "some" people, they are shooting for the masses. I think sleds are gonna progress and lose weight and gain strength in other, cheaper ways . CF belongs in the aftermarket setting.

I think the new shock options are a good thing... no they probably aren't the greatest shocks on the planet, but it is progress, and as a free upgrade on snow checks, I think it is something to get excited about.

Not to mention the track record of the QD is almost as bad as the 800 motor phenomenon. It may be responsive but I can't justify buying a $11k sled with a QD Belt that may or may not go out. Plus I don't have to spend $180 on a spare QD belt.

O
Dec 6, 2007

Depending on where we ride it varies from 0-8 miles, with the 8 mile ride being the most common day. My Pro came with these nifty scratchers that you lower when on packed snow. I have seen mine up into the mid 140's in the spring. Now is this really HOT for an engine? You truck runs at ~200 all the time. I think people worry about the temp WAY TOO MUCH. Let us see some evidence of damage from running 160-170-180. I bet there is none.

As CF creeps into the auto industry, the marine industry, bicycles, etc etc, it becomes less expensive. It is all around you these days where once it was ultra rare. Visual appeal... and they place it under the hood. In the owners manual they tell you to take it to the dealer if the hood needs removed for repairs. Stupid I know, but true. Makes the "visual appeal" argument seem kinda weak though.

The Pro is still the lightest, the Assault gains 15-18 lbs, likely similar to the wieght gain on to the standard RMK with chaicase, steel lower arms, extra cooler.

I agree on the bumper but, my sled has a steel aftermarket bumper on it. Used it to tow out a '14 Cat on a powder day:face-icon-small-win

OK, Not sure what that is all based on but an interesting opinion nonetheless.

Definately worthwhile for most riders I would guess. As a free upgrade, absolutely. I would prefer to get a lightweight air shock for the Pro, being the powder sled of the line-up.

B

BallsDeep_5280

Oct 16, 2012
CO
Wow... This thread took a turn.

I haven't seen any killer prices in CO on holdovers. Couple decent deals on "demo sleds". But a demo certainly is not new.

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
For those in the Midwest.
Ken's Sports Inc.
Kaukauna, WI
2014 Pro RMK 155"
$9981.00 OTD (Taxes and Paperwork)
Just picked it up Yesterday........... From Cat M1 to Pro.......... Can't wait to ride it.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Depending on where we ride it varies from 0-8 miles, with the 8 mile ride being the most common day. My Pro came with these nifty scratchers that you lower when on packed snow. I have seen mine up into the mid 140's in the spring. Now is this really HOT for an engine? You truck runs at ~200 all the time. I think people worry about the temp WAY TOO MUCH. Let us see some evidence of damage from running 160-170-180. I bet there is none.

With a motor that already likes to grenade at random I'm all about doing everything I can to prevent it, but thats not really my main concern, when your sled runs at 210 running down the trail and goes into limp mode every time you touch the throttle it gets old... having to stop every hundred yards on the trail on a spring ride to toss snow on your tunnel, gets old. Being a dumbchit and backing up with your scratchers down every time you put them down, gets old :face-icon-small-con point being- I wish I didn't have to rely on scratchers to keep my sled cool on the trail (some days they don't even do their job), yes its a mountain sled, but yes you still are stuck riding trail, somedays 20+ miles one way depending on where you are at.

As CF creeps into the auto industry, the marine industry, bicycles, etc etc, it becomes less expensive. It is all around you these days where once it was ultra rare. Visual appeal... and they place it under the hood. In the owners manual they tell you to take it to the dealer if the hood needs removed for repairs. Stupid I know, but true. Makes the "visual appeal" argument seem kinda weak though.

The Pro is still the lightest, the Assault gains 15-18 lbs, likely similar to the wieght gain on to the standard RMK with chaicase, steel lower arms, extra cooler.

I agree on the bumper but, my sled has a steel aftermarket bumper on it. Used it to tow out a '14 Cat on a powder day:face-icon-small-win

I am still sticking to the idea that polaris used CF primarily for looks. Yes carbon fiber is becoming a more common thing in the auto, bike, and other industries, but its on 100k+ cars and 5k+ bicycles. To replace all the body work, and gas tank on a pro with CF would cost at least 5k, probably more. I think there are and or will be better ways to drop weight, I'm no engineer so don't ask me what, but there has to be more cost effective ways. The day we see factory sleds loaded with CF, is the day we see factory sleds exceed 20k. No thanks. Maybe in 10 years CF will be more at a more practical price point, and then we will start seeing a lot of it, for now and the next 5-10 years I don't think so. BUT I may be wrong.

OK, Not sure what that is all based on but an interesting opinion nonetheless.

Definately worthwhile for most riders I would guess. As a free upgrade, absolutely. I would prefer to get a lightweight air shock for the Pro, being the powder sled of the line-up.
Can't argue there.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would buy now, prices will likely go up if anything come october.

I put money down on 4 2014 Standard 800 RMK 155s... 2 for me and one each couple for friends. $7925 each, I couldn't pass.

Premium Features