• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UPGRADE OPTION... COIL-SPRING PACKAGES CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN YOUR SHOCKS.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Going with better springs also makes a BIG difference with the stock shocks.

If you have a full season the the sled of hard riding... get the shocks simply serviced, put on a good spring package and you will be surprised with the results.

Package from Z-Broz
http://www.zbrozracing.com/polaris-pro-rmk-pro-assault-dual-rate-spring-kit

750v1113_1_1.jpg

Package from Raptor:
http://www.raptorshocks.com/store/products/Triple-Rate-spring-kit-(base).html

phpP7AcJYPM__06223_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Going with better springs also makes a BIG difference with the stock shocks.

If you have a full season the the sled of hard riding... get the shocks simply serviced, put on a good spring package and you will be surprised with the results.

Package from Raptor:
http://www.raptorshocks.com/store/products/Triple-Rate-spring-kit-%28base%29.html

phpP7AcJYPM__06223_zoom.jpg

As an added benefit of going with the Raptor spring kit, if decide to upgrade the shocks the springs will work on the Raptor shocks. No need to buy the springs again. Just let the people at Raptor know you already have their springs and that you just want the shocks.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I snowchecked a regular RMK with the shock upgrade to the WE needles. I ordered the Zbroz spring kit after talking with Nate today. I will be curious if a revolve will be necessary, but hopefully the stock valving is sufficient. Anyway, I'll be selling my Raptors off my '12 in anticipation.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
what would be a better bang for the buck?
going with a set of replacement springs, or upgrading the shocks completely to a set of float evols?

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Spring kit was right around $300 total, for both front and rear. Pretty cheap if you ask me. Walker Evans needles are great shocks, probably the best to come on a stock sled. Tune them to what you like and I think you'll be impressed, and money ahead.

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
I have thought about the evols too, but if just adding springs will make a noticeable differenceI it would be very interesting. Tne price is really good. Don't have the adjustability of the evols but if they improve the ride enough I think it would be worth doing the springs and us the money for other upgrades.:face-icon-small-coo Would be nice to get more input from anyone that has done this. Wonder which kit to look at, the base or the firm kit.

Last edited:
A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
I ran the zbroz kit on all four shocks last season on my assault, very nice ride but couldn't get the rear valving quite right. I had the proper amount of ski lift when I needed it but in return would bottom out on bigger jumps. Next I fixed the bottom out problem but then had way to much ski pressure. I hope this 4th revalve is the ticket.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I ran the zbroz kit on all four shocks last season on my assault, very nice ride but couldn't get the rear valving quite right. I had the proper amount of ski lift when I needed it but in return would bottom out on bigger jumps. Next I fixed the bottom out problem but then had way to much ski pressure. I hope this 4th revalve is the ticket.[/

A spring adjustment, of one turn, on the RTS will change the ski lift and bottoming characteristics. Don't get over aggressive, try one turn at a time.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I've ran the raptor "stiffer than stock begining" triple rates on my rears since day one along with his shocks and triple rates up front love the set up trail mogols and woops on the way up are no match for this setup skips right along the top of them nicely

205#'s before gear
~1200 miles on this setup never even road it stock

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
I was wondering why we were selling so many spring kits lately here at Raptor and then I found this post. Thanks to Eric(Mountainhorse) for putting up the info. Much appreciated.

Couple of things to mention. We offer two full kits. Base and Firm. The Base kit typically works very well for riders up to 240-250 pounds depending on how aggressive they ride. We sell those the most. When a rider is larger than that, we'll direct them to our Firm kit.

We also sell the springs separately at $60 each if you want to just upgrade your ski shocks. I will tell you that most of our customers who order the fronts separate, usually call a few weeks later looking for the rest of the kit because it is such a difference.

Feel free to call us at 218 242 0614.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA

We also sell the springs separately at $60 each if you want to just upgrade your ski shocks. I will tell you that most of our customers who order the fronts separate, usually call a few weeks later looking for the rest of the kit because it is such a difference.

You sell the springs for $60 each? so that would be $240 for the set of 4. Why does the website list the set of 4 for $280??:confused:

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
You sell the springs for $60 each? so that would be $240 for the set of 4. Why does the website list the set of 4 for $280??:confused:

Good question. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear in my original post.

We don't sell the rear spring separately.

The kits include the four springs, 3 pages of tuning instructions and a spanner wrench for easier spring adjustments.

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
The first name to be drawn for our Spring Kit Sweepstakes is Kyle Anton! Kyle, we'll be sending you an email this afternoon for some shipping details. Congratulations!

We pick another winner next Friday! Keep checking back.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Jonathan,

Got your email just a bit ago. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
So stoked!!!

Kyle

Premium Features