• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is your speedo off? Fix it! Here's how.......

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I got the four of you covered, I'll be ordering another batch of them tomorrow.

It appears the season is just around the corner and it is a perfect time to start prepping the sleds for the season.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Plug and Play harnesses are here (9/15)!

The first batch of Plug and play harnesses have arrived. More inventory is arriving daily. PM me to reserve yours. Thanks!

picture.php

Final Install weight is 90 Grams or 0.198#'s.

picture.php

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The Speedo Healer Plug and Play Harnesses have arrived!

The first batch of Plug and play harnesses have arrived. More inventory is arriving daily. PM me to reserve yours. Thanks!

picture.php

Final Install weight is 90 Grams or 0.198#'s.

picture.php

Fix it now!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
To the Top

Stock is on hand now for the Polaris Plug and Play Speedo Healer. PM me for specifics. Thanks!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Just getting ready to install my speedhealer kit.

Did some calcs, think i got it right.

Stock gearing and 7t3" drivers on my heap.

stock gear ratio=2.10
effective new ratio with 7t3 drivers=2.28

.18/2.10x100=8.57% change.

My speedo will read 8.57% faster than actual (give or take for actual driver diameters).

I will dial in a -8.5% to start with i think and see if its close.

Unfortunately it will be 2-3 weeks before i can test it with my GPS, just not enough snow right now.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Will these work with axys models with IDD ?

Sorry I did not see this post until now with the notification issues SW has been experiencing.

While the AXYS sleds speed sensor has a different part number, I would bet it is just a wire length change like from the IQ to PRO chassis sleds.

If that is the case, then yes it will work just fine.

If you PM me your E-mail, I can send you instructions on testing the sensor with a multi-meter to confirm compatibility. (Just like Norbert of HealTech instructed me to do, to confirm the SpedoHealer would function on the PRO and IQ sleds).

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Just getting ready to install my speedhealer kit.

Did some calcs, think i got it right.

Stock gearing and 7t3" drivers on my heap.

stock gear ratio=2.10
effective new ratio with 7t3 drivers=2.28

.18/2.10x100=8.57% change.

My speedo will read 8.57% faster than actual (give or take for actual driver diameters).

I will dial in a -8.5% to start with i think and see if its close.

Unfortunately it will be 2-3 weeks before i can test it with my GPS, just not enough snow right now.

When you are able to verify your correction factor, please post it up or PM me your findings. I'd like to start a data base to get future customers in the ball park from the get go.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Will do. Have a mountain trip planned for Dec 5th so i should know by the end of that weekend for sure. We may not have enough snow around home to test before then.

J
Oct 11, 2008
Sorry I did not see this post until now with the notification issues SW has been experiencing.

While the AXYS sleds speed sensor has a different part number, I would bet it is just a wire length change like from the IQ to PRO chassis sleds.

If that is the case, then yes it will work just fine.

If you PM me your E-mail, I can send you instructions on testing the sensor with a multi-meter to confirm compatibility. (Just like Norbert of HealTech instructed me to do, to confirm the SpedoHealer would function on the PRO and IQ sleds).
Pm sent

M

MATCO

Jan 2, 2010
edmonds, wa
Ok, I have installed it now just need a calculation.
I'm running a 13 pro with a chaincase conversion and 7t drivers.
I'm not sure how to calculate the difference between pulses from driveshaft and pulses from brake disc. And then the drivers.
Any ideas?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
7t drivers but what pitch? (3" i assume)

I am not sure the difference between shaft and rotor pulses either.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Ok, I have installed it now just need a calculation.
I'm running a 13 pro with a chaincase conversion and 7t drivers.
I'm not sure how to calculate the difference between pulses from driveshaft and pulses from brake disc. And then the drivers.
Any ideas?

Anyone remember or have the trigger spline piece handy to get a tooth count? If so we can calc it and get you close.

If you have or can borrow a GPS, you can take the indicated and the known speed and solve for the percentage needed. This will be the most accurate way to get your percentage. IMO

Same with a pace vehicle but you will only be as accurate as the other vehicle's speedo.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
To the Top

This is an economical and easy plug and play unit for correcting your speedometer (odometer by default). PM for more details.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Started a Correction Factor Spreadsheet

UPDATED: I noticed that I had the "Actual Pulses per Mile" verses "Indicated Pulses per Mile" swapped in the spread sheet. When I changed that, some of your correction values changed substantially, while others remained quite close. I left the old data for reference but updated in RED. Sorry for the oversight on my part. Most must not have snow or I likely would have heard about it.

Biltit...........My calculations come up with a -8.95 so choose either -9.0 or -8.9, but I'm curious where you land with GPS. My calc's are only as accurate as the stock speedo until we determine just how inaccurate the stock corrections are. (Stock QD ratio is 2.0952381) Probably just the difference in rounding verses leaving the decimal places intact. New value for you is: -8.2

Sledheadd......I PM'd you (-17.3), but came up with a -17.0 for your setup after eliminating the rounding function in the spreadsheet, to get you in the ball park. New value for you: -14.5

Matco......From my calc's (and the Drive shaft tooth count Biltit posted) your percentage should be close to a +39.0 And with yours being on the drive shaft, gear changes should have no effect on the correction. New one for you: -61

Snosfun.......... Yours should be: -64.2 (To correct the Silber Re-Flash for a chain case model)
Please PM me with what you come up with for your final correction, so I can note that and account for any irregularities in my formulas. Thanks!

Last edited:
Premium Features