• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UPGRADE OPTION... COIL-SPRING PACKAGES CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN YOUR SHOCKS.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Im mid 200s. I find the pro better than my dragon, that was better than my edge, that was better than my gen 2.

Maybe im just use to crappy suspension. Would i really notice a difference? How hard are they to set up? Do you have settings like the polaris book? I guess i would hate to set them and turn my sled into a too much or not enough ski pressure turd and spend half a day dialling them on and off the trail on a trip.

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
Im mid 200s. I find the pro better than my dragon, that was better than my edge, that was better than my gen 2.

Maybe im just use to crappy suspension. Would i really notice a difference? How hard are they to set up? Do you have settings like the polaris book? I guess i would hate to set them and turn my sled into a too much or not enough ski pressure turd and spend half a day dialling them on and off the trail on a trip.

We have many people riding these springs and they can't believe the difference the multiple rates make. Our stuff is designed to soften up the first half of the shock stroke, while increasing the stiffness on the last half of the stroke.

We include instructions for base setups which we simply start out at 1/4" of preload on the ski springs and front track shock. The rear track shock should be set to 1/2" preload. From there, tune to your weight and riding style. Tuning simply involves giving the springs a couple of turns to add or reduce preload depending on how the sled is acting. Our instructions cover vehicle behaviors like bottoming, ski pressure, darting, heavy steering, etc. If you are still having troubles you can always give us a call.

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
The second name to be drawn for our Spring Kit Sweepstakes is Dallas Pike! Dallas, we'll be sending you an email this afternoon for some shipping details. Congratulations!

We pick another winner next Friday! Keep checking back.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Springs of all kinds

mountainhorse:
"Going with better springs also makes a BIG difference with the stock shocks.

If you have a full season the the sled of hard riding... get the shocks simply serviced, put on a good spring package and you will be surprised with the results.

Package from Z-Broz
http://www.zbrozracing.com/polaris-p...ate-spring-kit"

Great thread, MR Mountain Horse
We have been offering springs for about 5 years now on the Pro RMK and its great to hear guys giving feedback. It really does make a big difference and for the $ you can't beat the performance.

Our front spring kit is very popular and we ask for rider weight so we can taylor the dual rate spring combo for what the rider needs. We also like to know type of terrain.

Dual rate with a tunable crossover point allows for more tuning when you get it in your hands. Basically start with minimal pre load and go 1-2 turns at a time until you get the bottoming resistance you want. Its very simple. Your stock tool kit has a spanner wrench or throw the sled on its side and grab ahold with you hands. They are the best tools anyhow.

On the rear package its pretty basic the stock springs don't have enough progression to stop bottoming and if you crank enough pre load into them to start to stop the bottoming you get a harsh ride on small bumps. Our kits are not a one or two sizes fits all we can set up a package for a beginner 140lb rider up to an aggressive 350 Lb mogul pounding mountain monster. Same tuning instructions, Start with 2 turns of initial pre load and don't shop tune, get on the snow and make small increases until you get the desired bottoming resistance.

Stock valving is pretty sufficient for most all applications.

check out all the other Zbroz racing products for the Pro RMK

http://zbrozracing.com

Snow_FullSprings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
"Going with better springs also makes a BIG difference with the stock shocks.

If you have a full season the the sled of hard riding... get the shocks simply serviced, put on a good spring package and you will be surprised with the results.

Package from Z-Broz
http://www.zbrozracing.com/polaris-p...ate-spring-kit"

Great thread, MR Mountain Horse
We have been offering springs for about 5 years now on the Pro RMK and its great to hear guys giving feedback. It really does make a big difference and for the $ you can't beat the performance.

Our front spring kit is very popular and we ask for rider weight so we can taylor the dual rate spring combo for what the rider needs. We also like to know type of terrain.

See you at the snow show in 2 weeks- I suppose your having a promotion for the event:rapture:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Most mfgs are not bringing product to sell at the shows... maybe if you have placed an order and want to pick it up there... you can work out something...but for something as small as a spring package... just get them shipped IMO.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
At first, I went with a re-valve from FTX. Must mention that while giving it a spin around my house on the stock shocks (before I knew the sled!) I applied to much throttle over a bump while standing on the left side. Caused the sled to jump up the front and twist, leaving the left ski to sort things out with mother earth once gravity came in.

In short, I expected bottoming. Hard. But no such thing came! Iy just sucked up the impact like I could't believe.

The thing is, it lasted short. And recently I think Eric (MH) mentioned to replace the stock oil with something better to have performance lasting a while longer.
I ended up doing FTX re-build and re-valve up front + FTS + Exit X1 RTS and later Float 2 Evol R on the skis.

Looking back and connecting with this thread, I believe you can have good performance from your stock shocks with a combo of re-valve/re-build using quality components and top it of with a set of springs.

Killer input from both Raptor and ZBroz here! Thank you.

And just for you vendor guys; Snowest is pretty much my "one-stop-shop" for deep snow/mountain products.
Guys like MH, TRS ++ bring so much information on new products/tech tips to the table it is hard to explain.

Rune Svendsen
North-Norway

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Most mfgs are not bringing product to sell at the shows... maybe if you have placed an order and want to pick it up there... you can work out something...but for something as small as a spring package... just get them shipped IMO.

I disagree-
I think you missed the point- mountainhorse....
If you buy/ place an order at a show sometime there is a promotion prompting you to buy & you receive 10%/ show discount ordering- That was the question I was referring.

Last edited:

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
Just Entered your Sweepstakes. Thanks for the oppurtunity

So, i see there are differences in the Raptor and z bros kits. Does one function better than the other in certin conditions? Are they both made in the USA? How much better than the stock springs are they really? $300 will buy buy me about 3 or 4 rides.

Not much into jumping, more of a back country tree rider, creek banger. about 250# with the gear and back pack on. have a pro with WE Clickers. I guess i am just in need of a good sell.

Thanks

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
Just Entered your Sweepstakes. Thanks for the oppurtunity

So, i see there are differences in the Raptor and z bros kits. Does one function better than the other in certin conditions? Are they both made in the USA? How much better than the stock springs are they really? $300 will buy buy me about 3 or 4 rides.

Not much into jumping, more of a back country tree rider, creek banger. about 250# with the gear and back pack on. have a pro with WE Clickers. I guess i am just in need of a good sell.

Thanks

Thanks for entering and good luck!

There are some differences. We feel the beauty of the one piece TRS spring design is that they are coiled as one continuous piece in our bowling pin styled design. This design is engineered to reduce weight over other springs on the market and increase stability by better controlling buckling of the spring. Our springs eliminate shock body wear caused by mechanical bind seen in conventional multi spring/collar designs and are also whisper quiet.

The Raptor Performance Shocks TRS Springs are designed to soften up the first half of the shock stroke, while increasing the stiffness on the last half of the stroke.

Our springs are wound in the USA. At Raptor we feel it's paramount to our success to support our neighbors as much as we can. After all,they are the ones buying our products! Our shocks are 99% made in the USA content. We go offshore for one part only.The material we require for the jounce bumper is not available here in the USA.

JP-RaptorShocks

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2011
The final lucky winner of our Spring Kit Sweepstakes is Kyle Williams! Kyle, we'll be sending you an email for your shipping details. Congratulations! Thanks again for all the entries.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Another big improvement is to get the shocks serviced at least once a season.

Also... have them use ONLY high grade full-synthetic shock oil like AMSOIL Shock Therapy fluid or The Proprietary blend from RAPTOR.

The Factory low-grade mineral oil that is used in the Walker shocks (and by most WE servicers) just is not up to the task for the valving at hand stock.

This will make a big difference in the longevity of the shock function between services.

YES...The shock oil needs to be changed ... and the factory oil can wear out in as little as 300 miles.

Last edited:
Premium Features