• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Powair intake install location

C
Sep 27, 2014
Bought a 3" powair and didn't realize until after I ordered it but where's a good location on a pro to install one? Only place I can find is a flat spot on the underside of the hood.

Any advice? Other than buying 2 2" vents haha

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
The 3" is what you want, and yes, the flat spot on the underside of the hood is where you put it. I attached a pic of one of mine for reference. Use a 3" hole saw and put it pretty much as you see in the pic. Don't put the vent any closer to the edges of the flat spot because the duct tapers in on the backside and you won't have enough depth to mount the vent. I hope that makes sense.

vent.jpg

C
Sep 27, 2014
Exactly what I was looking for! And did you take off that piece to drill the hole or just blow it out afterwards? I see there's tabs to take it off but looks like they'll get pretty f'd up in the process of taking it off

C
Sep 27, 2014
Got it installed, easier than I thought too. And just for those that are like me and need a DIY before you start here's a few pics. When I popped the intake filters I thought I would punch through the "air horns?" But as long as you don't let the drill part of the hole saw go too far it should be fine. I also heated up the hole a LITTLE before I installed the vent since it's a pretty tight fit.

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
Pardon my lack of knowledge but whats the benefit of the powair intake?

Premium Features