• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Chassis Feethookers

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Question - What are you guys using for rivets for putting these, or any form of snow eliminating running boards, on? Steel rivets or aluminum rivets? I bought a air hydraulic rivet gun the other day for installing my Feethookers and finishing putting my vent kit on.

Chad

On my Better Boards (very similar install to these boards) I used steel rivets with a steel rivet backing washer and used an air rivet gun where possible. The BB's come with steel rivets.

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
Just put my Pro SAW Feethookers on last night. Awesome fit. the cleats are up nice and high for good traction, seems like they stiffen up the factory boards a little, overall I'm very happy with them. I ordered them late in the day Saturday, they shipped out Monday morning and I was putting them on on Wednesday! Great service from Carl, next sled will be getting these too.

Chad

Feethookers.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Question - What are you guys using for rivets for putting these, or any form of snow eliminating running boards, on? Steel rivets or aluminum rivets? I bought a air hydraulic rivet gun the other day for installing my Feethookers and finishing putting my vent kit on.

Chad

Steel rivets only if you're using pop rivets IMO

i usually use the aluminum ones, i'm a cheap bastage and only have a hand rivet gun so thier easier to use...

I did that on one of my first sets and they worked loose in half a season. if using solid buck rivets aluminum works well but on a pop rivet i don't recommend aluminum

Just put my Pro SAW Feethookers on last night. Awesome fit. the cleats are up nice and high for good traction, seems like they stiffen up the factory boards a little, overall I'm very happy with them. I ordered them late in the day Saturday, they shipped out Monday morning and I was putting them on on Wednesday! Great service from Carl, next sled will be getting these too.

Chad

Glad you like the boards and thanks for the props!

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Nice work Carl! The side bend is a great idea for added strength! You are a genius!! :light:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
aw shucks :)

This weekend we devised a test to quantify the added stiffness of the new PRO SAW board. Isolating the front edge of the board along with the back (to negate suspension movement) we then had a test subject weighting approx 260lbs stand in the center part of the outer edge of the board to measure the deflection.

The stock side deflected appox .25" while the side with Feethookers PRO SAW board deflected under .125"!

Please note this was not in a lab environment and the measurements were taken with a tape measure, but it does help quantify the increased board stiffness.

Nice work Carl! The side bend is a great idea for added strength! You are a genius!! :light:

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
We've bought and installed a lot of sets of Feethookers and my customers are always stoked at the fit, finish, and price. I would highly reccomend Carl and his product to anyone. We, for one, will be in touch for another order :D

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
We've bought and installed a lot of sets of Feethookers and my customers are always stoked at the fit, finish, and price. I would highly reccomend Carl and his product to anyone. We, for one, will be in touch for another order :D

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you again!

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Could you please post a pic of the underside of the boards With your feethookers installed?
It will give me an idea of how much material is removed from the stock boards.
Also if possible a pic of the orange feethookers against an orange Polaris panel to see how close the colors match , would be great!
Thanks

just got a chance to get back to an Orange Madness Pro. The color is a pretty close match imo.

0148b8e6.jpg

here's a pic of the an underside

2b79e3d8.jpg

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
the picture says that all in board cleats are lower than the outside? does that hold true if i buy the regular boards in regards to the stock outside rail? i'm looking for something that is even with the outside board so i don't feel like my knees are bowing in.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Are these still available for the Polaris edge chassis? Have there been any recent upgades or changes? Just asking because this is an old thread.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
delayed reply .....

we still sell boards for Pro, Edge, IQ, Gen 2, Ac ProClimb, Xp, XM and Nytro

PM me if you want to place and order

Premium Features