• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revalve vs respring shocks

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Planning on either revalving or re-springing my shocks this year. Don't have the budget to do both and I was wondering which would bring the best performance for the money. I am approx 225 dressed and the shocks are actually on my IQ that I swapped the skid and ifs shocks from a pro onto. Thanks in advance!

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
TRS posted a Revalve set up last year in a thread , Springs are not a cure all . That's where my money would go. Shocks should be under $120 or less each shock for a full custom set-up and seals. There is many places that do great work that don't charge big money for labor. Mark Passo , Eric at Shock -Tech just to name a few here on the East Coast. I had Carls do some work for me years ago , shocks leaked when they where in shipping and then they made me wait 2 weeks before they even looked at fixing them plus 2 more weeks for parts to get shipped to them.......:censored: one and done , seasons to short!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
First, if you have a full season on the shocks...get them serviced and specify quality synthetic shock fluid... TRS suggests Amsoil 5w.... and I trust what he says...

You could get all that work done for pretty cheap.... Plus get the springs and you will be way ahead of the game.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379204

Starts at post 7.
You can fine tune this build to your riding style and weight by adjusting the spring tension. The build sheets have base bench measurements for installed shock spring lengths. If you are experiencing bottoming, in the field, adjust spring tension only one turn at a time. Spring preload will fine tune your setup, don't get to aggressive, half turns maybe all you need. There is a lot of false info regarding sag, You must have sag in your suspension for it to work properly. Amsoil shock oil will prolong maintenance intervals and you will not experience the fade associated with WE shock oil. Make certain the bypass orifice is drilled to the proper diameter listed. A miss anywhere in this revalve will give poor results. Use a quality valve shim from Fox or WE, cheap valve shims burn out very quick.

Last edited:

T G

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Nevada
(awesome) easiest way I can explain , it's similar to getting off an 03 04 edge @ getting on a pro .MY opinion is por's are average at best, tell you redo shock's an rear spring. Call Rodgers Sports Cody Wy. (307)587-6818

A
Oct 17, 2010
TRS's shocks work, I have ran his setup on all of my sleds for years. You can have a sled that can run whoops for miles and then get on a side hill that's all tore up and hold a line all the way across, hands down best valve job for the pro shocks. I guarantee I'm not the only satisfied sled owner

Premium Features